Author Topic: MST3K volume 11 episode list.  (Read 7883 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: MST3K volume 11 episode list.
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2007, 12:56:15 AM »
I just watched my Horrors of Spider Island tonight. I didn't notice anything wrong... Or was I not being picky enough?

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2007, 04:49:20 PM »
i got mine yesterday. Spider Island looked pretty much the same as my old VHS copy. WEll, better actually
I really do like pie.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2007, 09:12:23 PM »
I just watched my Horrors of Spider Island tonight. I didn't notice anything wrong... Or was I not being picky enough?

It just has a few moments where some digital flaws appear. I'm guessing that they are related to the source material, but could be wrong.

Definitely not worthly of a complaint, just an observation. The episode is completely watchable.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2007, 06:43:39 AM »
I have to side with Mr. Torso a bit here. Mystery Science Theater 3000 is one of those things that just cries out for oodles of special features. I certainly enjoy the trailers and hearing people talk about what went into these movies, but to start with most DVDs have nothing more than the scene selection. Subtitles would be nice (although I don't consider these to be special features) since there's so many moments where you want to go back, pause, and figure out exactly what somebody said, but I understand this may be easier said than done. I'd like more b-movie history, more anecdotes about the MST3K creation process, more stuff.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2007, 10:33:38 PM »
I have to side with Mr. Torso a bit here. Mystery Science Theater 3000 is one of those things that just cries out for oodles of special features. I certainly enjoy the trailers and hearing people talk about what went into these movies, but to start with most DVDs have nothing more than the scene selection. Subtitles would be nice (although I don't consider these to be special features) since there's so many moments where you want to go back, pause, and figure out exactly what somebody said, but I understand this may be easier said than done. I'd like more b-movie history, more anecdotes about the MST3K creation process, more stuff.
Well, I can understand your feelings about all of that.

But, getting members of The Brains, former film actors or producers to participate, filming them and all of that researching and transferring of materials ...that all costs money.  And sometimes these things are interesting to watch once but never again (the Conrad Brooks intro, anyone?  "Accepting the award for Editing....")

That could either be passed along to us in the price (and these sets are expensive enough as they are).  Or it could interfer with Rhino paying for movie rights (even though there are at least three sets worth of PD titles that I know of that they don't seem in any hurry to release).

I'm happy just to get episodes released in the cleanest, logo-free & Penn Gillette-free condition possible.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2007, 11:39:15 PM »
I'm happy just to get episodes released in the cleanest, logo-free & Penn Gillette-free condition possible.

:D

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2007, 12:29:55 PM »
you know, I didn't know that Spider Island was made in West Germany until just recently when I checked imdb.

Im guessing because the picture and audio quality were so bad I didnt notice before that the voices were dubbed
I really do like pie.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2007, 03:49:44 PM »
you know, I didn't know that Spider Island was made in West Germany until just recently when I checked imdb.

Im guessing because the picture and audio quality were so bad I didnt notice before that the voices were dubbed

All the voices were dubbed?     You know, that DOES explain a lot.    Most of the "dancers" sounded dubbed and the Dr Strangelove assistant sounded dubbed......... never really thought about it before.

Watched all four episodes and I am happy.   I just wander how many more sets they can release if they are having issues getting the rights to the movies.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2007, 03:51:22 PM »
Oh yeah, when you enter a search in IMDB for "horrors of spider island" and the movie it takes you to is "Toter hing im Netz, Ein ", that sould be a big clue on where it was made!   :D

Man, IMDB sure has some interesting stuff.

Barbara Valentin

Date of Birth
15 December 1940, Vienna, Austria

Date of Death
22 February 2002, Munich, Germany. (stroke)

Birth Name
Ursula Ledersteger

Spouse
Helmut Dietl (1976 - 1983)

Trivia
Known as the German Jayne Mansfield.

Daughter of Hans Ledersteger and Irmgard Alberti.

Measurements: 41-24-36 (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)

Lived together with Freddie Mercury in the 1980s and supported the fight of HIV organizations against the disease after his death.

Buried in the Ostfriedhof cemetery in Munich.

Icon of the Munich gay scene.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:53:26 PM by PSLOwner »