login

Author Topic: RiffTrax Live! 'Manos' The Hands of Fate VOD Now Available!!!  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
RiffTrax Live! 'Manos' The Hands of Fate VOD Now Available!!!
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/rifftrax-live-manos-hands-fate

Master-approved and ready to download or stream!

Ever since RiffTrax Live: “Manos” the Hands of Fate aired in theaters nationwide, people have been asking us when it will be available for home viewing. Seriously, non-stop. Leaving notes under our windshield wipers. Lurking outside our windows at night, softly whistling the Torgo theme. Polite, perfectly friendly facebook comments. All KINDS of crazy ways!

For those who missed it in theaters, this is a completely new riff of “Manos” the Hands of Fate, the Texas-fertilizer-salesman-directed classic made famous by Mystery Science Theater 3000. All new jokes, same old Torgo. See Mike, Kevin and Bill riff it all on stage in front of a live audience at the Belcourt Theatre in Nashville!

PLUS! Before the main event, a live riffing of two extra-demented shorts. At Your Fingertips: Cylinders, from the same insane child arts & crafts series that brought you Grasses and Boxes. And Welcome Back, Norman which introduced us all to revolting folk hero Norman, along with his now famous (and also revolting) catchphrase.

The time is now! Run, don’t stumble-walk-with-accursed-goat-legs to watch RiffTrax Live: “Manos” the Hands of Fate!

There is no date for a DVD release, but there will be one at some point.

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/rifftrax-live-manos-hands-fate
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
Re: RiffTrax Live! 'Manos' The Hands of Fate VOD Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »
It should be noted, for those who do not already know, this edit of the show is different than the event from a year ago. It doesn't include the "skit" with The Master and Torgo near the beginning nor the Torgo-style "Takin' It Easy" music video during the end credits.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 02:03:53 PM »
There have been no alterations to the actual content of the show - the riffs, the banter between the guys, etc. If the exclusion of those two elements are going to put you off of this I would like to wish you well on your future paste-eating ventures.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »
No, not to imply such a thing. It's still the entire riff of both the shorts and the movie itself. It's just that the VOD release is *slightly* different than the actual show itself from a year ago.  I doubt those two things will turn people away but, still, those are differences.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 03:02:32 PM »
I gotcha, I came off a bit heavy-handed because I want to stamp what could be a long line of repeated questions about the edits right out in one swoop. :)

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »
This calls for additions of the RiffTrax cutout model collection. All new Michael, Margaret, Debbie and random slave wife. Norman joins the ranks to round things out. Great show, guys! It really one of the best riffs ever. I think it's even better than the MST3K original. This was one of the most fun nights from all of last year. Great job!

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »
I will admit I'm not fond of re-riffing movies already featured on MST3K, especally the more popular ones, but I must also admit this was hilarious. I miss a lot of classc lines from the MST3K version, but Rifftrax did a good job anyway.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 02:34:31 PM »
I will admit I'm not fond of re-riffing movies already featured on MST3K, especally the more popular ones, but I must also admit this was hilarious. I miss a lot of classc lines from the MST3K version, but Rifftrax did a good job anyway.

I'm actually all for re-riffing MST3K episodes. I say anything before Bill took over as Crow is fair game.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »
Would love a re-riffing of the full version of This Island Earth.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 08:44:58 PM »

Yeah that would be fun. I'd also like a new RiffTrax for Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 02:01:13 AM »

Yeah that would be fun. I'd also like a new RiffTrax for Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

I'm not sure about that, that'd make three different riffs for it including the Cinematic Titanic version.  I think we're pretty much covered already.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 03:15:43 PM »

I'm not sure about that, that'd make three different riffs for it including the Cinematic Titanic version.  I think we're pretty much covered already.

I don't care much for CT. Not saying other people shouldn't like it, I just don't. I'm a RiffTrax guy.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 03:32:17 PM »
Movies featured during the KTMA Season are at the top of my list for re-riffs (SUPERDOME, CITY ON FIRE, THE LAST CHASE, SST DEATH FLIGHT). But I'm not sure of rights issues. I don't think I'd want my favorite episodes re-riffed, even if Bill or Mike weren't involved.

I might be okay with re-riffing THIS ISLAND EARTH since MST3K: THE MOVIE cut like 30 minutes out.

And honestly I didn't much care for Josh Weinstein as Servo, so maybe some of the films from Season 1. I think UNTAMED YOUTH is at the top of my list there, because it's one of the few films I actually remember being halfway decent.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »
I would put the Coleman Francis trilogy on my list if I already didn't like them the way they are. ...but I wouldn't mind seeing them RiffTraxified.

Offline themaster

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 07:03:34 AM »
It should be noted, for those who do not already know, this edit of the show is different than the event from a year ago. It doesn't include the "skit" with The Master and Torgo near the beginning nor the Torgo-style "Takin' It Easy" music video during the end credits.

Weird saw this in the theater in 2012 and I don't even remember that part :P

Also in Minnesota/twin cities was hard to find seats.. popular there they are ;)