Author Topic: The Wind Rises  (Read 485 times)

Offline Hfuhruhurr

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
The Wind Rises
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/moviesnow/la-et-mn-miyazaki-the-wind-rises-oscar-qualifying-run-20130910,0,660588.story

"The Wind Rises," the movie that Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki has said will be his last, will get an Oscar-qualifying run in November, the Walt Disney Studios and Studio Ghibli announced Wednesday at the Toronto International Film Festival.

"The Wind Rises" ("Kaze Tachinu") will open for a week in New York and Los Angeles Nov. 8-14, with a limited U.S. release to follow in 2014 on Feb. 21 and expanded release Feb. 28 under Disney's Touchstone Pictures banner.

Miyazaki's first directorial effort in five years, "The Wind Rises" chronicles the real-life story of Japanese aircraft designer Jiro Horikoshi, following him through his country's massive 1923 earthquake, tuberculosis epidemic and descent into World War II.

Offline Hfuhruhurr

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
Re: The Wind Rises
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 11:32:53 PM »
I'm completely there. 

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 12:11:30 AM »
Isn't he retiring after this?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4980
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:37:13 PM »
Yep, he's basically done now.