Author Topic: La Nouvelle Cuisine Thread  (Read 123719 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 346
Re: La Nouvelle Cuisine Thread
« Reply #1170 on: October 25, 2019, 09:45:45 PM »
Bought some Werther's Caramale Coffee sugar free hard candy today and its pretty great.
Favorite sugar free candy are the Russel Sugar Free Peanut Butter cups. Too damned expensive for me to but very often.
Reeses makes a sugar free version of their standard peanut butter cup that tastes just like their non-sugar fee version to me, but I find them (both sugar free and regular) to be too sweet.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4870
« Reply #1171 on: October 27, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OQlfxI8r9jM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OQlfxI8r9jM</a>

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4870
« Reply #1172 on: October 29, 2019, 01:08:47 PM »
Narf!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OmbSZa4XvJk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OmbSZa4XvJk</a>

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4444
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1174 on: December 20, 2019, 08:22:01 PM »
Made my holiday crab cakes this evening.  I ordered the crab meat from thecrabplace.com but picked a different type this time and it didn't come frozen, so has to be used in the next 2 days, so I had to make the crab cakes and then put them in the freezer so I can cook a few at a time over the next 2 weeks.  I did cook 3 of them while making the rest and they were good...  There was a sale on a 3 pack of lump, backfin, and claw meat.  So I made cakes with each individual type of meat and a few with all 3 mixed.

I have never ordered the 3 different types before, and there are differences in the flavor, I think backfin is the one I like the most, but it's close, lump is the general flavor you usually get in store bought stuff, claw meat has the most complex flavor.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1175 on: January 13, 2020, 01:16:18 PM »
Was in the mood for lemon bars this weekend so made some, since I had a package of cream cheese I bought for something else but never used, I made cheesecake lemon bars.  Not much different to make from regular lemon bars but so much better tasting.  Just added some graham crackers to the crust, and you pour a layer of cheesecake filling onto the crust before pouring the lemon filling on, then they swap places as it cooks so you end up with the lemon layer on the bottom and cheesecake on top.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1176 on: January 20, 2020, 05:54:18 PM »
Made a pseudo homemade ginger BBQ sauce last week that is pretty great ("pseudo" homemade because the base-about half the overall volume- is store bought BBQ sauce). Already forgotten everything I added because I just added stuff until it was good. Has the store bought sauce, lemon juice, fresh ginger root (sauteed with a bit of olive oil and groind up in a blender) roasted garlic, and some other stuff.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #1177 on: February 09, 2020, 11:30:37 AM »
It's national pizza day, so get out there and stuffa ya mouths.

But isn't every day pizza day?

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 851
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #1178 on: February 12, 2020, 11:10:32 AM »
I know a lot of people don't like Dominos but... try getting a medium PAN pizza sometime. Pan pizzas only come in medium, but I swear you take one bite of a medium pan pizza from Dominos with your favorite toppings and you'll swear you've died and gone to heaven.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1179 on: March 02, 2020, 01:10:24 PM »
Wendy's is offering breakfast now. They have most of what you'd expect. I tried the Breakfast Baconator. It's pretty much a baconator, but with a sausage patty that's the size of a burger patty, the obligatory layer of egg, and a whole bunch of bacon and bacon-mayo. I think I can only safely consume a few of those in my lifetime, but it was good.

What really jumped out at me, though, was the "Frostyccino". It's cold brew coffee (And I LOVE Cold Brew) so it's not super-sweet, and it comes in chocolate and vanilla, but it's not the usual chocolate and vanilla. It actually tastes specifically like the chocolate and vanilla taste in a Wendy's Frosty. I loved it, but I'm one of those people who likes his coffee to taste like not-coffee.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1180 on: March 03, 2020, 07:07:33 PM »
Not a fan of Dominos-not because I think it's really bad, just because there are far better options. Rarely eat fastfood, but stopped and picked up a slice at a chain that I think is exclusive to the midwest when I didn't have time for anything else today at lunch. It's called Rocky Ricoco's. I don't know how they do it. It looks like pizza. Smells pretty good. But it tastes like really doughy bread and not a thing like pizza. No flavor at all in the toppings or sauce or even the cheese. It's a mistake I seem to make once every 5 years or so. Guess I just figure hey, they're still in business, maybe they've gotten better. But they never do.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 851
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #1181 on: March 21, 2020, 03:12:09 PM »
I just tried the lava crunch cakes from Domino’s today and damn those are amazing!!!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1182 on: March 21, 2020, 03:52:33 PM »
Until things calm down, going to be eating pork 3 or 4 times a week. Still have frozen chicken and burgers, but only meat in stores this week has been cheap pork and very, very expensive beef. Even frozen meat sold out.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #1183 on: March 23, 2020, 04:42:41 PM »
Forgot about the mess of ham and beans I made around chistmas and froze half of. Quick online search of how long they should keep frozen and now I'll be enjoying ham and beans all week.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3704
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #1184 on: March 23, 2020, 04:44:36 PM »
Managed to get enough beef and canned beans to make a big ol' pot of chili. That, plus a turkey in the freezer means leftovers for days. I'm now prepared for a weeks-long shut-in, should it come to that.