Author Topic: The Dumb Boss/Employers Thread  (Read 17094 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The Dumb Boss/Employers Thread
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »
Got a call from the manager before 1pm 'needing' me to come in eaely so I got in by 1:30 and discovered the team lead on my shift called in so I'm running things tonight..
Sounds like he had a bit of a nervous breakdown due to shit going array last night (blast machine went down, orders screwed up, and other stuff) and didn't get to leave till after 3am..
The manager and I looked at tonights schedule and I told him flat out that there was no way a couple orders were gonna make it in tonight so then the schedule board changes from 5 orders to 3 and one of those doesn't have to make it in till Saturday-if the team lead shows up cause he's scheduled to come in Saturday)..
I know he's trying to name for himself but it's just not worth the effort at this place, and I think he's learning that the hard way. :o

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »
Had a meeting with my boss this afternoon.. What a complete waste of time! ::)

It seemed like another performance review and asked me dumb questions like "Do I like my job?" I didn't respond with the most 'upbeat' of answers., Just that I expected to have been given more of an opportunity to show my knowledge in Quality Assurance by now..
"Well, why aren't you cross-training?" he asks.. "Because there's only 8 hours in a shift and you don't want us to work overtime!"  I responded bluntly.. "And we're non-stop trying to build coating orders and set up the machine for the next order!" And his response was "Ask me and I would authorize it." ??? I call Bullshit here cause I've asked him on a couple different occasions and he told me straight up that there wasn't time..

So when it was all said and done, I was given a 60 cent raise ($15.60 per hour now). woopie...
He even said, "You don't seem too thrilled about that." My response: "I was making $16.10 per hour at my old QA job back in 2006. Thanks."

I'm sure that sealed my fate there saying that but I don't give a rats ass cause my last day is May 31 anyway and I'm off to Mexico for month and got enough saved up to carry me into next year. 8)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2013, 10:40:58 AM »
So now I'm being moved back to 2nd shift hours again (4pm till whenever) starting Monday and I had to work today (Saturday 5pm till 1:30pm) and the manager calls me 3 times wanting an update on things then comes in wondering why I am some 2 1/2 hours behind the schedule written on the board..
I told him I came into nothing being prepped for this morning and he had 2 orders scheduled to be in and running by 7am ???
It takes an average of 5 hours to build 1 Fricken Load of drill bits (fixtured properly for coating) yet he still said I should have had 1 carousel in and running by the time he came in.. I didn't even get a lunch; just a quick 10 minute break!
A Bronze load has not run since Wednesday and I had to rebuild that load for a 5th time today and yet again it fell out - too many arcs causing a dead short somewhere inside the vessel so that was a waste of half the damn day right there ::)
Even had another guy come in for 4 hours to help me out which I needed..

5 weeks to go and I'm gone! >:(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:44:04 AM by RVR II »

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2013, 11:14:09 AM »
Workers are dropping out of the library like crazy.  My friend keeps me up to date.  They cut all the 30 hour workers down to 28 because of Obama's healthcare plan.  Evidently if you hire enough employees that work 30 or more hours a week the employer must pay healthcare.  Two have quit.  Two are pregnant.  Three are looking.  My friend is talking about quitting.  But she's been talking about quitting for years...I don't think she'll ever quit.

They're just sick of the dumbass boss and all her changes.  I know the reason K hangs in.  With all her health problems she needs the insurance.  I know if she went for disability she could easily get it.  She is currently one of the 5 full time employees in the system (6 branch locations).  I know if they cut her back she would quit for sure.

So, with the two that quit DA boss has hired 2 part timers at 20 hours each.  So that makes it even harder on the good employees that she has.  I don't know why and how she was hired, but she's screwing them over big time.  I won't even go into the new system she signed up for.  Its free.  Yes free, with no customer support.  You get what you pay for.  And that's what she got...nothing.  Dumb ass.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »
Got pulled into the manager's office as soon as I got into my day job today (grocery chain called Price Chopper). Apparently I've been getting overpaid for the past 6 months since I've still been getting the extra dollar an hour for overnights even though I switched to days there so I could do overnights at the post office way back in April.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »
So you're the reason they stopped doing double coupons!!!

My latest dumb employers moment... the continuing wonders of outsourcing... Our division takes over an unhappy client from another division that has basically shit the bed. Client isn't happy, turns out they've been grossly mismanaged for years and years, almost all the local employees jumped ship, contract renewal in jeopardy... it's a hot fucking mess. The company, of course refusing to gainfully employ Americans, brings on four fellows from South America. I'm sure all of them are decent, hard working people... Except we're specifically told to never give them anything important to do. Yes, instead of hiring a single local resource that we and the client share a primary speaking language with... which is what we asked for...  They hire four bodies and then order us to sit them on the bench and give them menial busy work... And when there isn't enough menial busy work for them to fill their timesheets, we are told to take time out of our already busy schedules to create meaningless busywork... So the hiring of four additional offshore employees has very tangibly reduced the level of service we can provide this client... a client that is already pissed.... but I'll be goddamned if some mid-level executive somewhere didn't get a gold star on his bonus check for keeping payroll down.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2013, 09:15:29 PM »
It's what happens when almost every decision looks no further down the road then the bottom line for the next quarter.

This one is a particularly insane, Dilbert-esque example... worse I've seen so far.... and I've seen plenty of fails in the name of trimming payroll. But it will get better, as I'm pretty sure we'll be in a position to get some of our more experienced Spanish speakers to give these guys some legit training once some of the current project loads die down... But yea, to make the customer 'happy' they threw bodies at the problem. Bodies that the customer can't see in person and for now, can't see any benefits gained. Nobody is pleased with the current situation... the wonders of bureaucracy.