Author Topic: You're the Judge!  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
You're the Judge!
« on: August 08, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »
Only we're not.  :(

Maybe it's just be being a modern man having grown up in the late 20th century into the 21st century but I know how to cook and what can easily be substituted and done when cooking to save time and experiment.  But the guys in this short were utterly dumb when it came to cooking which obviously must always be done with delicious CRISCO!

Loved the Riff at the end with one of the guys telling the girls they have breasts and with those alone they can get guys to do anything they want. 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: You're the Judge!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 12:11:18 AM »
 Well that wasn't fair, the girls had help from the Crisco spokeswoman, errr, mom...  The boys were on their own with no sponsor to help.  Although it was kind of stupid to use identical looking bowls for 2 different types of dough.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 07:16:44 PM »
What the Hell was that?

My dad is actually the better cook in our family.  Mom can get by, and growing up, she cooked the bulk of the meals.  These were good enough, and she was just doing her motherly duties.  But Dad always made the really fancy dishes, and since the kids all grew up and moved away, he's had time to get better.  He just retired 2 months ago so I assume he's going to hone his craft further.

At any rate, Dad always says that if you can read you can cook.  Most of the time It's really not difficult if you just follow instructions.  But these guys were such utter morons that they couldn't figure out how to preheat an oven, or cook foods which are supposed to be cooked at different temperatures in different ovens, or use the right ingredients.

But the ending was some of the dumbest shit I ever seen.  The girls, who followed instructions and cooked a better meal, give credit to the guys so that:

1) The guys would get credit for the girls' hard work.
2) The girls would have to pay for bowling for the guys.
3) But it's all okay because the girls get to go out with the guys!

It kinda reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Lisa protested the sexist Malibu Stacy dolls.

Offline PontiusFeeb

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »
Did everyone notice that this short stars Bonnie Franklin of "One Day at a Time"? I was a little disappointed the guys didn't make any jokes about it.

Offline owilde69

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:27:51 PM »
I noticed Pontius, and I couldn't believe they let that pass by.  Someone on staff must have recognized her.

Offline RockSiren

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • The Store
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:11:19 PM »
I know this is super late, but I believe Frank (the shorter guy) was one of the teens from Village of the Giants.

Offline Torgo

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 06:09:25 PM »
Yes I think so.
Torgo