Author Topic: Strange portrait in the Legend colorized Plan 9 From Outer Space  (Read 2533 times)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
While watching the Legend colorized copy of Plan 9 I noticed an Easter egg of sorts. In the scene where the protagonists wife, I think her name was Paula, was in bed and on the phone shortly before fake Lugosi walks in the portrait above her bed changes from a painted landscape to a portrait of some couple. I've seen multiple Plan 9 releases and this is the only one I've ever noticed this in.
Has anyone else noticed this? or know who those people in the picture are?   

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 826
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Strange portrait in the Legend colorized Plan 9 From Outer Space
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »
Legend had either an ebay auction or some kind of contest and that was a prize. There are also different names on the tombstones in the cemetary if memory serves.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Binkles the Dumpster Clown

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
How very Lucas of them. Then they'll put Jar-Jar's face on Vampira's, digitally insert Criswell into the Korean footage, and have an energy ring emitting from the burning ship at the end!
Binkles the Dumpster Clown demands a blood sacrifice by the next full moon!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2400
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 08:26:23 AM »
The difference being, when Legend was done with their version and released it on DVD, they put it on the same disc as the original unaltered version of the movie right away, instead of trying to pretend it never existed.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky