login

Author Topic: 'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy' doing crossover episode  (Read 6147 times)

Soguru

Re: 'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy' doing crossover episode
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 02:49:36 PM »
If it had an ending, I wouldn't have minded, but it just kind of stopped.
I know. Can someone remind me why these writers get paid so damn much to begin with? Next time there's a SGA strike, they won't be getting any sympathy from me.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 03:12:08 PM »
More and more, Family Guy's more focused on being funny/shocking than telling stories. It's a shame, because when they DO get around to a full-blown narrative, it's usually a great episode. That's why the Brian/Stewie "road" episodes tend to be some of the best.

Usually, though, it's more like, "OK. Here's the premise, now we're going to bounce jokes off of it for the next half hour."

Soguru

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 03:37:24 PM »
More and more, Family Guy's more focused on being funny/shocking than telling stories. It's a shame, because when they DO get around to a full-blown narrative, it's usually a great episode. That's why the Brian/Stewie "road" episodes tend to be some of the best.

Usually, though, it's more like, "OK. Here's the premise, now we're going to bounce jokes off of it for the next half hour."
My feelings are when shock value is necessary to make a joke work, it cheapens the experience.

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »

My feelings are when shock value is necessary to make a joke work, it cheapens the experience.

Yeah, I just wanna RAPE SHOCK VALUE IN THE FACE!!! WITH MY DICK!!! #YesAllWomen
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »

#Kony2012

Soguru

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 04:34:53 AM »

#Kony2012
Anybody got a map? Because I'm lost.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 04:52:26 AM »

#Kony2012
Anybody got a map? Because I'm lost.
Remember last time you asked for a map?

(Cutaway to me and Soguru in the woods.)

Me:  I threw the map in the river!
Soguru:  What?  Why the $%&$ would you do that?
Me:  Doesn't matter, we'll just ask the witch for directions.
Blair Witch:  Yeah, it's all good, just head west from here and you'll hit the main road.  Go straight enough and you'll see a Dunkin' Donuts.

/endFamilyGuyStyleJoke
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Soguru

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 03:00:47 PM »
Remember last time you asked for a map?
(Cutaway to me and Soguru in the woods.)
Me:  I threw the map in the river!
Soguru:  What?  Why the $%&$ would you do that?
Me:  Doesn't matter, we'll just ask the witch for directions.
Blair Witch:  Yeah, it's all good, just head west from here and you'll hit the main road.  Go straight enough and you'll see a Dunkin' Donuts.
/endFamilyGuyStyleJoke
When you're in Dunkin' Donuts, you gotta remember to be cool about fire safety! (If you get that reference, 50 gold stars for you!)

If you don't, then...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:44:10 PM by Soguru »