Author Topic: How do you sort your shorts?  (Read 5533 times)

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 254
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Re: How do you sort your shorts?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »
I really wish I had some sort of video player (connected to the TV) that I could put all the shorts on and shuffle play them.

I don't know what kind of set up you have, but here's what I did.  I got a cheap small form factor PC (mine was free from a friend, you can find them on Ebay (Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc) for like $100 or so, Example), wiped it, installed Windows 7 on it, and put in an HDMI video card ($35, Amazon).  Connected this to my network, and shared all my Rifftrax.  Open VLC, drop all the shorts in a playlist, shuffle.  This is how I watch all my Rifftrax.  Oh, also, I recommend a HTPC remote ($15, Amazon).

Although Unabeefer's brain idea sounds nice, I think I may give yours a try.  ;)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2975
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »
I sort my shorts by colors, stripes, solids, and waist size  :rimshot:
Confession time: I actually interpreted the question this way when it was initially posted this morning. Thought to myself, "That's a strangely specific and OCD question. Why is in the Rifftrax Discussion section? Was there something about organizing your clothes drawer in a recent short or something?" I'm smacking myself now. Let's hear it for sleep deprivation! :^)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 453
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
342 pairs Cotton Boxers, no duplicates; 78 pairs Silk Boxers, 702 pairs High-cut briefs, 55 pairs Low-cut briefs, 7 Banana warmers, 1 pair "Home of the Whopper" brief, 1 pair Vintage Joe Namath netted slingshot brief, prototype.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:46:26 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3651
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 03:24:05 PM »
342 pairs Cotton Boxers, no duplicates; 78 pairs Silk Boxers, 702 pairs High-cut briefs, 55 pairs Low-cut briefs, 7 pairs Banana warmers, 1 pair "Home of the Whopper" brief, 1 pair Vintage Joe Namath prototype netted slingshot brief.
HOLY SHIT-STAINS BATMAN!!  :speechless:

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
342 pairs Cotton Boxers, no duplicates; 78 pairs Silk Boxers, 702 pairs High-cut briefs, 55 pairs Low-cut briefs, 7 pairs Banana warmers, 1 pair "Home of the Whopper" brief, 1 pair Vintage Joe Namath prototype netted slingshot brief.
HOLY SHIT-STAINS BATMAN!!  :speechless:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-lQ4XXLqJc?hl=en_US&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/u-lQ4XXLqJc?hl=en_US&amp;</a>

9:20 mark.

(And geez, I never noticed Bill tossing those knives around in the intro segment before. )

Offline Locuststakethesky

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 121
  • Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should.
    • Book of Face
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »
I really wish I had some sort of video player (connected to the TV) that I could put all the shorts on and shuffle play them.

I don't know what kind of set up you have, but here's what I did.  I got a cheap small form factor PC (mine was free from a friend, you can find them on Ebay (Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc) for like $100 or so, Example), wiped it, installed Windows 7 on it, and put in an HDMI video card ($35, Amazon).  Connected this to my network, and shared all my Rifftrax.  Open VLC, drop all the shorts in a playlist, shuffle.  This is how I watch all my Rifftrax.  Oh, also, I recommend a HTPC remote ($15, Amazon).

Although Unabeefer's brain idea sounds nice, I think I may give yours a try.  ;)
Keep me posted on how that works out for you, or if you need anything! :D  Meanwhile I'm gonna get to work on a Rifftrax brain transmitter prototype.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 742
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/02/review-wd-tv-play-is-a-set-top-box-made-for-streaming-junkies/

I have used these WDTVs for a few years and I love 'em!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline The Trout

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 12
  • Electro-Syntho-Magnetic
    • Troutcave Comics
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
I just sort 'em by release date, according to The TVDB: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=102531&seasonid=87941&lid=7.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2379
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 11:31:42 PM »
I have them in one single folder on my cloud drive, all numbered by Rifftrax-release order.  Kind of annoying when they had that small batch of two part shorts that get separated by a couple shorts, but I still like keeping them like that.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 08:07:12 AM »
I have them in one single folder on my cloud drive, all numbered by Rifftrax-release order.  Kind of annoying when they had that small batch of two part shorts that get separated by a couple shorts, but I still like keeping them like that.

Yeah I am glad that they just go with the $1.99 approach for longer shorts instead of splitting them up. The most annoying two parter is the American Thrift short. The first one has Veronica Belmont and the second doesn't. Also the first one is letterboxed (non-anamorphic) and the second one is zoomed in to full frame (4x3) so the image is all distorted.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 88
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »
I just sort them alphabetically. Easiest way to find the ones I'm looking for.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Locuststakethesky

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 121
  • Just because you CAN edit doesn't mean you should.
    • Book of Face
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 10:35:02 AM »

Autobiographically.  I have to remember when I purchased each short and the mood I was in when I watched it.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 88
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:55 AM »

Autobiographically.  I have to remember when I purchased each short and the mood I was in when I watched it.

I was wondering when someone would make that joke. ^_^

Congratulations, you win *rummages in pocket* 92 cents and a crumpled up receipt from Burger King.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 254
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
media player for rifftrax
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »
So, I decided to use some Xmas money on a WD TV Live box with an external hard drive. I spent a lot of time getting most of my Rifftrax movie files on it just the way that I wanted, and everything played well on the box. Both DVD (VIDEO_TS) and ISO files work great, and I was able to setup the riff poster image to show up for all of the riffs.

However, it turns out that the WD TV Live corrupted the hard drive, even though I always ejected it properly. Now, every time I connect the HD to my PC, my PC locks up so hard that I have to clear the CMOS to get it to come back up again.   

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
bummer. I use the WDTV and a 500Gb wd passport and while I always get a scan and fix error when I plug it into my PC it never causes any problems.....