Author Topic: Video Game Super Fun Happy Joy-Joy Humor Thread  (Read 66716 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2618
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Video Game Super Fun Happy Joy-Joy Humor Thread
« Reply #630 on: March 27, 2019, 11:40:51 PM »
Since I've got so much peer pressure trying to get me into buying a Switch, tell me this... can I just take the damn thing anywhere I want? Even the inside of a movie theater when I'm waiting for the movie to start?

Yes - It's completely mobile like a 2ds, plus you can dock it to play on your tv.
FINE

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5114
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #631 on: March 28, 2019, 05:39:53 PM »
It is a little bulkier, but I think if your prepared, its not a big day.  Get a travelling case for it, too.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 536
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #632 on: March 28, 2019, 07:40:05 PM »
That's the only other thing holding me back from buying a Switch is the games. I'm sure I'd LOVE Super Mario Odyssey, but honestly for a LONG time I have not been enjoying the Zelda series or the SSB series, like at all. Since the Switch came out in what, 2016, I'm sure they'll be making games for it for many many years to come but not sure I want to charge a $300 console on the strength of just one game. I might also enjoy the Fire Emblem games but for me those games I play through once, maybe twice and then I never ever pick them up again.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 508
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #633 on: March 28, 2019, 09:33:40 PM »
That's the only other thing holding me back from buying a Switch is the games. I'm sure I'd LOVE Super Mario Odyssey, but honestly for a LONG time I have not been enjoying the Zelda series or the SSB series, like at all. Since the Switch came out in what, 2016, I'm sure they'll be making games for it for many many years to come but not sure I want to charge a $300 console on the strength of just one game. I might also enjoy the Fire Emblem games but for me those games I play through once, maybe twice and then I never ever pick them up again.

There's a lot of good stuff on the eshop and physical games out there, and not all of them are first party. It also looks like we're getting some really cool games this year, like Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem: Hogwarts edition, and I believe Sword and Shield are coming out this fall. If you like the Warriors series, I would recommend Fire Emblem Warriors. If you want a fairly nostalgia driven Pokémon game, Let's Go! has that covered. I can't get into the 3D Zelda games anymore, needs to be 2.5D like LInk Between Worlds, but I've heard a TON of good things about BotW. And honestly, Smash is just a good game to have for when you wanna play it. The Switch library is really strong and diverse.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #634 on: March 28, 2019, 10:10:20 PM »
I know what you're saying Lesbunny but honestly I just can't see myself dropping the money on a new system. To be fair to everybody I think I'm just getting old and as a result I'm losing interest in modern gaming culture. Even though it's a system pretty much dead in the water now, I'm sticking with my 2DS xl and all the games for it. But I can see how people might see the Switch as the best system ever.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2618
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #635 on: March 29, 2019, 12:23:25 AM »
Did you have a WiiU, Russ? Because a lot of the WiiU games they've ported over are tremendous. Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, New Super Mario Bros, Captain Toad...

Plus if you enjoy Mario, the new Yoshi's Crafted World should appeal?

You like Fire Emblem, right? The new one of those is due soon.

There's a new Pokemon and Animal Crossing this year.

Pikmin and Metroid are both in the works.
FINE

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 164
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #636 on: March 29, 2019, 08:57:13 AM »
In addition to what Edward J Grug is saying, Nintendo drips a classic NES game via their online service every month! Plus, you can play Tetris Battle-Royale style! I get what you're saying, Russoguru; I prefer the indie and retro styles as well, but that's where the Switch has you covered: Sonic Mania, Freedom Planet, Celeste, Shovel Knight, and Hollow Knight all have been ported to the Nintendo Switch. The only Street Fighter game ported to the Switch is Ultra Street Fighter II. Both Undertale and Deltarune: Chapter 1 are top-notch indie games from Toby Fox.

You really can't go wrong with a Nintendo Switch, no matter what kind of games you like.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5114
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #637 on: March 30, 2019, 05:48:58 AM »
Also, if you have Amazon Prime (and/or Twitch Prime, which comes free with Amazon Prime), there's a new, limited time (until September) to get the online service for free for a 9 months!  And if you already paid, as I have, the deal will trigger once your last pay period ended.  That said, the online service is only $30 a year Canadian (and I think closer to $20 American) so its not a big loss if you miss out.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4408
« Reply #638 on: April 05, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sZuPFuaPgG0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sZuPFuaPgG0</a>

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1514
« Reply #639 on: April 07, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #640 on: April 10, 2019, 07:01:09 PM »
A few years back I played Fire Emblem Awakening. I enjoyed it a lot and it had a lot of great and memorable characters. Recently I only just discovered the game Fire Emblem Warriors. Now, I wasn't a fan of Hyrule Warriors but then again I'm not really big on the Zelda series anymore. Picked the game up from Amazon for $20 and it should be here Friday. And I swear, that is the last game I am getting for a LONG time.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #641 on: April 14, 2019, 08:28:34 PM »
So if you have the Steam version of Final Fantasy IX there's a HD mod that can improve the pre-rendered backdrops.
 <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dQsc3vbJfYk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dQsc3vbJfYk</a>

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #642 on: April 15, 2019, 05:06:52 PM »
I wanted to check out the DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors, but I could not for the life of me figure out how. Finally just on a hunch I downloaded the latest update from the Eshop channel and somehow that made the feature work in game.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #643 on: April 18, 2019, 06:28:26 PM »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #644 on: April 20, 2019, 01:46:14 PM »
Ah, Time lord technology.