Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 5
    • My website full o' stuff.
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 06:03:41 AM »
Thanks for the game recomendations.

For us, this will see almost all of it's time as a mobile system and very little if any time hooked up to a TV (which sounds like it has it's pluses and minuses for a game like Doom- graphics supposedly a lot more impressive on the mobile screen than on a TV but text in mobile mode supposed to be too small).

I forgot to warn you about Use Your Words: It's 3-6 players and there's no single-player mode. Also, everyone plays with their Smartphones (or really any device that has an HTML5 browser).

I saw UYW is rated M. Exactly how mature is it? Just wondering because I'd like to check it out but most likely would have to play with my kids.

It's rated M because some of the house answers (i.e. the answers that the game provides to try to fool you into choosing them so you lose points in the game) are on the naughty side. But it's okay to play with kids seeing as
  • the house answers can be turned off, and
  • there's a "family mode" filter for playing with children that removes all the stuff you wouldn't let around your kids
So really, it's no big deal.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1094
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 09:02:58 AM »

For us, this will see almost all of it's time as a mobile system and very little if any time hooked up to a TV (which sounds like it has it's pluses and minuses for a game like Doom- graphics supposedly a lot more impressive on the mobile screen than on a TV but text in mobile mode supposed to be too small).

I forgot to warn you about Use Your Words: It's 3-6 players and there's no single-player mode. Also, everyone plays with their Smartphones (or really any device that has an HTML5 browser).

I saw UYW is rated M. Exactly how mature is it? Just wondering because I'd like to check it out but most likely would have to play with my kids.

It's rated M because some of the house answers (i.e. the answers that the game provides to try to fool you into choosing them so you lose points in the game) are on the naughty side. But it's okay to play with kids seeing as
  • there's a "family mode" filter for playing with children that removes all the stuff you wouldn't let around your kids

Sounds like fun. Going to pick it up for PC when my family comes out in December.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1464
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »

Cool! Thanks! We've played a bit of "That's You!" and it was pretty fun.  This kind of seems like it's along the same lines.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 5
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 06:30:22 AM »
I'm going to give a shoutout today to Kharon's Crypt. It's a game that was financed on Kickstarter. The game plays like the game boy Legend of Zelda games with the enemy possession gameplay mechanics of Super Mario Odyssey. It successfully raised enough money on Kickstarter with the exception of the Nintendo Switch Stretch goal (which is €17,500), so they put the money they raised on Kickstarter into IndieGoGo to raise that one last stretch goal with the Deadline being December 31, 2017. The links are below.

Their IndieGoGo Page

Their webpage, where you can pay via paypal

There's even a free demo so you know it's legit. Give it a try! I want to see this game arrive on Nintendo Switch!