Author Topic: Cool/Interesting/Funny Fanatic/Geek Movie/TV/'other' Collectible Stuff  (Read 74495 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1146
Re: Cool/Interesting/Funny Fanatic/Geek Movie/TV/'other' Collectible Stuff
« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2019, 08:29:19 AM »
That's a very impressive rendering Marty... I mean Dave.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3190
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #466 on: October 30, 2019, 07:02:11 PM »
Finally got around to hanging up my Wright Flyer model, 3D printed a stringer so I could use 4 hooks and not put any stress on the model, and put it above where I keep my big Enterprise model:

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 382
« Reply #467 on: October 30, 2019, 07:25:05 PM »
Haven't done a modeling kit in 40 years. Now I kind of want to see what's available these days. Have fond memories of my Romulan bird of prey.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5068
« Reply #468 on: December 05, 2019, 02:49:52 AM »
As anticipated:

Star Wars The Mandalorian The Child 11-Inch Plush Baby Yoda

"This huggable figure features a roto-vinyl head, sparkling glass eyes, and a soft body with a sturdy bean-filled base. Plus, it comes to you specially packaged in a hover crib."

$24.99
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5068
« Reply #469 on: January 31, 2020, 11:30:06 PM »
OK... there's a seriously good life-size screen accurate The Child figure now available for pre-order from the amazing Sideshow Collectibles (picture is link), $350:

Note that he's holding the Mandalorian's 'stick shift ball' in his right hand!  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 11:31:47 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #470 on: March 30, 2020, 11:40:27 AM »
Picked up a Tardis stress squeezy thing while ordering some stuff on the Target website:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6652
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #471 on: March 30, 2020, 04:52:11 PM »

Offline Russoguru

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1146
« Reply #472 on: March 30, 2020, 10:12:58 PM »
I know this is a little OT but Darth Geek you ever heard of The Cybertronic Spree? They performed songs from the Transformers OST live in full cosplay as the characters Hot Rod, Arcee, Soundwave, Unicron, Quintesson, Rumble, Shockwave and Spike. They even covered The Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin and Run with us by Lisa Lougheed and did a really kick ass cover of the Pokemon theme song.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6652
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #473 on: March 31, 2020, 05:07:58 AM »
I know this is a little OT but Darth Geek you ever heard of The Cybertronic Spree? They performed songs from the Transformers OST live in full cosplay as the characters Hot Rod, Arcee, Soundwave, Unicron, Quintesson, Rumble, Shockwave and Spike. They even covered The Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin and Run with us by Lisa Lougheed and did a really kick ass cover of the Pokemon theme song.
I've heard of them, yes.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Just got done building this kit from Moebius models:

Took a few hours longer than expected for such a simple kit, I kept redoing the silver paint on the frame because it kept coming out too grey, finally went over it with a thin layer of perlized white and that made it more like aluminum.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5200
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
That's awesome!! :o
HAL doesn't talk by chance does it??

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage

No, I've seen some people add a sound board with a remote control, maybe I'll do it someday, doesn't look that hard.

If the kit was cheaper I'd by another one and try modifying the lens to include a motion sensor and speech.  But at $40 for a few pieces of plastic it's a fairly overpriced kit, so I don't want to mess with the real look of the one I have.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...

No, I've seen some people add a sound board with a remote control, maybe I'll do it someday, doesn't look that hard.

If the kit was cheaper I'd by another one and try modifying the lens to include a motion sensor and speech.  But at $40 for a few pieces of plastic it's a fairly overpriced kit, so I don't want to mess with the real look of the one I have.
Yeah I looked into that kit and it is a bit pricey..
Still pretty cool looking though :o

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #478 on: July 11, 2020, 05:01:38 PM »
A friend at work was cleaning out her basement and gave me some Star Trek models that belonged to her late husband who passed away near the start of this year.

They all seem to be from 1992.

A Playmates Enterprise D, I 3D printed a stand for it, cleaned it up a bit and with fresh batteries the sounds and lights still work:

An AMT model kit with 3 versions of the Enterprise.  I had already built these as detailed models so wasn't sure what to do with them.  Then thought it might be cool looking to build them like the ships on the wall that Picard busts up in First Contact.  So I painted them gold and the base black, and this is the result:

The most intriguing is this badly broken up TOS Enterprise figurine from Enesco.
The pylons are shot, deflector dish missing, neck broken in 2 places, support rod broken at both ends.

This is made from some kind of heavy and brittle resin.  I 3D printed new pylons and a support, drilled out slots for the pylons and epoxied all the parts together.  Also found a new dish in my stash of unused model parts.

Tried matching the grey color but grey is a pain to match, I also found an aluminum rod the same size as the original clear plastic support. 

Someday I'll repaint the entire thing but for now it will sit on the shelf with my other Enterprise models:

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #479 on: July 11, 2020, 05:30:22 PM »
A Playmates Enterprise D, I 3D printed a stand for it, cleaned it up a bit and with fresh batteries the sounds and lights still work:

That is really cool!! :o