login

Author Topic: Cool/Interesting/Funny Fanatic/Geek Movie/TV/'other' Collectible Stuff  (Read 50647 times)

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2178
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Cool/Interesting/Funny Fanatic/Geek Movie/TV/'other' Collectible Stuff
« Reply #435 on: July 17, 2017, 09:56:12 AM »
Yes, Friday I watched the first two, and after the first episode went ahead and downloaded the second season from archive.org.  Having seen it's tone and depth,

Unfortunately for season 2 they made a lot of changes that I didn't like.  Can't even get the Blu-Ray for season 2 in the USA, only region B.

I hadn't watched any of season 2 since the 80s, downloaded them from archive.org and watched some over the weekend, wow, I forgot just how bad the show sunk into stupidity in season 2.  The addition of Catherine Schell was great, but Barry Morse quitting or getting fired was a big loss.  Also the breakup of Slyvia and Gary Anderson at the end of season 1 also contributed to the downfall of the show.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5004
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #436 on: July 17, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
My friend that owns a comics and collectables store just told me that the MST3K Pops have just come available for preorder, and they will be released in October.

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3837
« Reply #437 on: August 05, 2017, 02:38:09 PM »
MartyS (and others doing modeling), this may be of interest to you.  It does not - per se - fit this thread except tangentially.
 [picture is link]

Hobby Spray Booth, 16 inch Wide  $149.99
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2178
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #438 on: December 01, 2017, 02:42:02 PM »
When I saw this I had to buy it and it supports a good cause.

Crystal ball flown to around 100,000 feet on a research balloon:

Their catalog of their stuff flown up to the edge of space:

http://earthtosky.net/shop

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #439 on: December 14, 2017, 01:07:58 PM »
If only I had $1200. :(  Even though Thanos is seated, the maquette is still over 20" high (and weighs 35 lb!).

picture is link
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, read this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »
The first comics I collected were Amazing Spider-Man (first issue i was aware of, bought, and deliberately saved and kept track of: #44).  With what Marvel corrupted the character with after Civil War, I had an aversion to it.  But that has faded over time, and, with Spider-Man: Homecoming, my love of the character was renewed.

And, after much agonizing, I decided to use my 'entertainment savings' for this, what I think is the best 3D statue representation of Spider-Man ever.  Part of my 'agonizing' is because about 1/2 the height of the statue is the support beam (full statue height is 25").  But the character himself is still as large as a human head.  (picture is link):

$469, currently with free US shipping.

Offline Romario

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #441 on: January 11, 2018, 02:19:42 AM »
My friend that owns a comics and collectables store just told me that the MST3K Pops have just come available for preorder, and they will be released in October.

Did he get it?
Yeah man, there is so much fun there. This event is a little slice of heaven for sure. That is truth, it's better to find canadian grand prix rating of applicants. This is no joke.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5004
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #442 on: January 12, 2018, 06:47:29 AM »

Did he get it?
Yeah, I got the ones I ordered through him in October. He still has some in his store (Panther Comics, Turnersville NJ).