login

Author Topic: Cool/Interesting/Funny Fanatic/Geek Movie/TV/'other' Collectible Stuff  (Read 58094 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4275
Yes, mix and match the Subject line variables for a multitude of options of what would fit in here.  Cool movie-related poster?  It can go here.  Interesting die-cast TV car replica?  It can go here.  Awesome geeky 'thingy'?  It can go here.  Funny parody movie prop?  That can go here too.

Since there's a thread for 'Nerdy Shirts', I figured there should be a place for - well - anything else that seemed like it might be of interest to this crowd, given what we talk about (or have been exposed to via RiffTrax or MST3K and the like).

Please use a picture, a price (if known), and a link to whatever it is you're putting up (or explain that they aren't still available).

I'll start with this 2001: A Space Odyssey model kit/diorama.  When I first saw it (and the reason I started this thread), I thought it was bookends with the space-suited man on one side of books and the missing link on the other, which would have been truly awesome (because of the symbolism), but it is a model kit (and doesn't split in the middle apparently, despite the 'split'-line at the base).  It is $149.99, which, if it was weighted ceramic bookends would be roughly appropriate... for a model kit it seems quite expensive.  Picture and title are a link.

Discovery Astronaut W Ape Monolith Diorama

So: what cool stuff have you run across that you'd like to share?

[NOTE: edited to fix link]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 12:08:33 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9928
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Yeah I think it would be cooler as bookends really.

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4481
  • Mr. Robot
A friend won this, but wasn't familiar with the comics so he gave it to me.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
And my creepy Planet of the Apes head full of DVDs.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3455
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Those Easter Island statue book-ends you have there.. :o
Did you get permission to remove those from the island ???

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
I haz my MST3K collection of Every episode on DVD, as well as the Beavis & Butthead 'King Turd' collection ;D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
Those Easter Island statue book-ends you have there.. :o
Did you get permission to remove those from the island ???

My dad got them for me decades ago on one of his business trips to San Diego.  And since he was in charge of the Navy's cruise missile program, I am sure he had them "take care of business" when he was out there.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5314
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
I haz my MST3K collection of Every episode on DVD, as well as the Beavis & Butthead 'King Turd' collection ;D

Wow, you still have a VCR as part of your system. Nice.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4275
Since people are into bookends, like I'd said I'd originally mistaken the 2001 thing as (and like they should have been)... here's another collectible, but this time it actually is a bookend.  However, make sure you have all the books you want it to hold in place before setting it down, as you'd need Asgardian help to move it later.  Pic and title are link.

Thor Hammer 10.25" Single Bookend
  $88.99

RVRII and Bob, you appear to both have the same MST3K covers, and the ones that are/were available from the Rhino/Shout! sets (for the episodes they contributed) don't appear to be there (though the discs might be, just with replaced covers).  I assume yours are self-printed.  Where'd you get the JPGs for the cover inserts?  [I'm leaving mine in the original Rhino/Shout! boxes and the hardshell case I have for the rest, but I was just curious, since coincidentally the ones you have are identical.]

Oh, and Bob: thumbs-up for the Babylon 5 collection you have on the shelf just below! :)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
I put the Rhino/Shout DVDs in the covers that Josh made us all.   I do go in and edit the covers with the new Rhino/Shout logos and put on the covers any of the new extras that are on the DVDs.

Amazon has good deals on the thinpak cases now

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
My covers are all Josh Way's covers and the B & BH covers were part of the King Turd collection 8)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
Wow, you still have a VCR as part of your system. Nice.
Well that one has been replaced with a DVD/VCR combo naow 8)

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3919

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4481
  • Mr. Robot
A lot of Hollywood stuff for sale if you are a crazy rich person.  Scripts, photos, handwritten letters by Marylin Monroe.  OK.  But then things get interesting... eventually:

https://www.profilesinhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/HA56L1.pdf

* Original costumes from Captain Kangaroo, Gomer Pyle, Peter Pain (with Mia Farrow), The Amazing Spider-Man (no, that bad one, that other bad one), Battlestar Galactica (the original), Captain America (Reb Brown), Miami Vice, The Sopranos, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 24, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Wizard of Oz, Sgt. York, Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Winkle Goes to War (what an odd euphemism), Caught in the Act, Various Westerns, The Woman in White, Task Force, the Bill Cosby TV Special (With Groucho Marx famous beret, if such a thing exists), The Shocking Miss Pilgrim, The Outlaw, Lost in Alaska, In an Island With You, Easy to Love, Three Coins in the Fountain, Bengal Brigade, The Furies, The Mickey Mouse Club, Blood Alley, King's Rhapsody, Oklahoma!, Strategic Air Command, Diane, The Pride and the Passion, Woman's World, An Affair to Remember, The Ten Commandments, The Last Time I Saw Archie, The Alamo (A lot from this one), The Great Race, The Music Man (The marching band costume!), The Sound of Music, Airport, the Batman and Robin serial (Robin's cape!), The Island of Lost Women, The Planet of the Apes, Bullitt, Papillon, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Kelly's Heroes, Robin and Marion, The Godfather Part II, King Kong (1976), Alien, E.T., Blade Runner, The Original Star Trek, the Last Starfighter, the Terminator movies, Police Academy, Malice in Wonderland, Back to the Future 2, Die Hard With a Vengeance, The Presidio, Dick Tracy, Havana, the Rocketeer,The Truman Show, Cliffhanger, True Romance, Starship Troopers, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Titanic, the Big Lebowski (all of the ones you would want, too), Gladiator, Tomb Raider, Goldmember, Pirates of the Caribbean, Anchorman, Johnny English, Shaun of the Dead (YES!  THAT OUTFIT!), the Lords of Dogtown, Bobby, Blades of Glory, Ghost Rider, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the Beginning, Friday the 13th (the remake), Race to Witch Mountain, Iron Man 2, Scream 4, Lincoln, the Iron Lady, 21 Jump Street, Life of Pi, The Silver Linings Playbook, Bright Leaf, Mame, Superman... 3, Interview with the Vampire, Babylon 5, The Time Machine (the remake), Batman and Robin (Nipples!), Catwoman, The Matrix,  Troy, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Superman Returns, Watchmen, the Wedding Singer,

* Props from Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Dallas, The Sopranos, Star Gate SG-1, American Idol, Kenneth Strickfadden sci-fi horror movies, Young Frankenstein, A Clockwork Orange, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, James Bond, Dragnet, Alien, ET, Star Trek, Dune, Cocoon, Conan, Scarface, The Jigsaw Man, Back to the Future 2, Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Die Hard, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, The Addams Family Values, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, The Hunt for Red October, Pretty Woman, The Point of No Return, True Romance, LA Confidential, Interview with the Vampire, Judge Dredd, Being John Malkovich, Entrapment, Titanic, Armageddon, Gladiator, Tomb Raider, The Bourne Identity, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spider-Man, the Cat in the Hat, Hellboy II, Phantom of the Opera (the shitty Joel Schumacher one), The Chronicles of Narnia, the Departed, Charlotte's Web, Click, Superbad, Aliens Vs. Predator, Wallace and Gromit, Resident Evil, Friday the 13th (the remake), Prometheus, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, J. Edgar, The Iron Lady, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Babylon 5, Batman Movies, The Matrix, The Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Constantine, Watchmen
*A 1922 film projector.
* Studio signs and property.
* The Cane from Citizen Kane Charlie Chaplin shorts.
* The Ten Commandments
* A Throne from Ben Hur
* The Diving Helmet from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, as well as various props and the Nautilus miniature,
* The Mircojet from Octopussy
* Rambo's Knife
* The Survey Buggy from Alien
* VIN-cent from the Black Hole
* E.T.'s Hand (remember that scene in which E.T.'s hand becomes possessed and he cuts it off with a chainsaw?)
* From Star Wars: the Trash Compactor Monster Eye, one of the Cantina Aliens mask and hands, Palpatine's ugly head makeup from when he's in the hologram, a rebel blaster, a Bespin blaster, AT-AT Legs, one of C-3P0's Feet, a skeleton for a stop motion guy, Qui-Gon Jinn's Lightsabre, and an assassin's blaster.
*From Indiana Jones: THE FUCKING HAT!  THE FUCKING WHIP!
* From Star Trek: The Original Phaser, The Star Trek III Phaser, Kirk's Wig from the Paradise Syndrome, A Tribble (don't mix the two up), Spock's "Wrath of Khan" ears!, the Ceti Eel, Picard's Flute, and the Transporter room panel from TNG
* the Crystal Sarcophagus with fake naked man in it from Lifeforce
* Grenade Launcher from the last scene of Scarface and Predator.  Also Tony's Beretta.
*Conan's Sword
* The Terminator's jacket and T-1000's bullet splash
* From Pee-Wee's Big Adventure: the Texas sign and the MOTHER-FUCKIN' BIKE!
* The Beast Suit from Big Trouble in Little China.
* The Ghostbusters uniform and Proton Pack (sorry, they are from GB2 and the live show, respectively)
*  the Addams Family movie costumes!
* Dissected Pod Person from the '93 Body Snatchers
* Staff and space ship from Stargate
* Dino puppet and License plates from Jurassic Park.
* Freddy Kreuger Flesh Glove from New Nightmare.
* Lifesized Goro from Mortal Kombat
* Forrest Gump's Bench
* A Sentinel from the Matrix: Reloaded
* Frank the Rabbit's Mask from Donnie Darko
* Legolas' Arrows from the first Lord of the Rings
* Giant Plastic Soldiers from the Santa Clause 2
* The Green Goblin's Mask
* The Metaluna Mutant... from Looney Tunes: Back in Action?!?
* Gary Johnson on Motorcycle from Team America: World Police
* Karl Kronen's mask from Hellboy
* Jigsaw
* Puppets from Puppet Master
* HYDRA outfits and weapons from Captain America
* Boat from the Life of Pi
* The Hammer and Chess Pieces from the Shawshank Redemption
* The Halloweentown Hall from The Nightmare Before Christmas, as well as other sets and guys
* Glowworm from James and the Giant Peach
* Gremlin Puppet from Gremlins 2
* Naked Martian and Gun from Mars Attack
* The Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5314
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Oh man, I would LOVE that Gremlins puppet. Too rich for my blood, though.