Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 8467 times)

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
Wii U
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »
Thinking about getting one. I currently have an XBOX 360 and a Wii (for the current generation.) Previous generations hooked up to the TV also include the FC Twin, Nintendo 64 and the Playstation 2. If you have a Wii U or disapprove of Wii U's, and if you care enough to share, please share :)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3699
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Wii U
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:49:08 PM »
I'm thrilled with my Wii U. The library's a little light right now, but there's a lot of awesome coming in the pipes. The second screen is a godsend for anyone that has to share the TV. If someone needs to watch their program, I can just boot up Super Metroid or even New Super Mario Wii U and play through the second screen, so it's actually getting a lot more use than all the consoles that take up the TV.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1516
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 03:49:30 PM »
I'm definitely getting one at some point hopefully soon. I'm a bit cash strapped, but I've been saving all the Best Buy gift cards I've received from birthdays, Christmas, etc. as well as any spare change I have for it.  I'm about 2/3 of the way there for the Deluxe set.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 999
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 08:13:55 PM »
So, to the 4 people in North America who own a Wii-U (yes, that's a joke) ,  Target seems to have leaked the release dates of the upcoming Wii-U games:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U) – October 4
 Wii Party U (Wii U) – October 25
 Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) – November 15
 Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) – November 22
 Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) – December 6

Yeah, one Zelda game is 3DS. Meh. Sue me.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:32:53 PM by Compound »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »
I've been sitting here with a couple games for Wii U that I got off of Goozex.com (while trying to unload all the points I had on there).  They're just taunting me...

So once I FINALLY get my Wii U I'll already have Arkham City & ESPN Sports Connection.  And also Armikrog once that comes out thanks to the Kickstarter.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2911
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
I love my Wii U, currently playing Pikmin 3 (Pikmin is my favourite Nintendo franchise - and that's really saying something - and I bought the system mostly in excitement for this game) Also playing Earthbound which I had never played before. Excellent!

Thinking about making the Disney Infinity plunge today, though I wish my son was old enough to play it with me.
FINE

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
I'm intrigued by Disney Infinity as well especially since they added Agent P.  Fingers crossed on adding Gravity Falls characters!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1705
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »
I love my Wii U, currently playing Pikmin 3 (Pikmin is my favourite Nintendo franchise - and that's really saying something - and I bought the system mostly in excitement for this game) Also playing Earthbound which I had never played before. Excellent!

Thinking about making the Disney Infinity plunge today, though I wish my son was old enough to play it with me.

Wish I could play earthbound again for the first time.  I'm interested in Mother 4 though, the fan made sequel that is being made. Hopefully it can keep the same charm without relying too heavily on callbacks to the other games.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »
Price cut & elimination of "basic" model on September 20th!

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/08/price-cut-for-the-wii-u/

Nintendo has announced a price cut for the Wii U today, stating that the Wii U Deluxe bundle will sell for $299 starting on September 20th. The Wii U Basic model has also been cancelled. The limited edition Wind Waker HD bundle will retail for this new price point, which includes a new deluxe model, the game, a digital copy of Hyrule Historia, and the Zelda-themed GamePad.
Here’s what Reggie Fils-Aime had to say about the price cut:
“It was critical for us to have a strong software lineup to support Wii U. With that in place this holiday season, we believe providing consumers that extra incentive in terms of a $50 price cut is really going to help drive momentum.”
This looks like the start of the Wii U’s renaissance, as the 3DS made a big come back once a price cut and the Ambassador program were announced. Nothing similar has been announced by Nintendo for the Wii U, but we’ll keep you updated.

WOOT! That puts me $50 closer to picking one up before Armikrog comes out! (Currently sitting on $190 worth of Best Buy gift cards)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
If anyone is looking to get one of the Pro controllers, you can get them for around $9.99 if you are lucky.

Best Buy has the white pro controllers on clearance at a bunch of stores.  (Instructions for how to get them on the link. Also stumbled across a Nintendo brand silicone case for the game pad for $1.99 while I was checking out the sale.)

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/10/best-buy-white-wii-u-controller/

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 02:13:39 PM »
I saw that they were re-releasing Wind Waker like that, and I thought "Why are they doing that for THAT game? Why don't they re-release Ocarnia of Time?" I wasn't a big fan of Wind Waker, but I'm not telling anybody else not to like it, I get that people have different tastes than I do, but I still kinda wonder why OoT isn't getting this treatment.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2399
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 08:46:24 PM »
I saw that they were re-releasing Wind Waker like that, and I thought "Why are they doing that for THAT game? Why don't they re-release Ocarnia of Time?" I wasn't a big fan of Wind Waker, but I'm not telling anybody else not to like it, I get that people have different tastes than I do, but I still kinda wonder why OoT isn't getting this treatment.

Haven't they re-released OoT a few times by now?  I remember having it on Gamecube, and they updated it for 3DS not too long ago.  I'm not a huge fan of Wind Waker either, but every now and then I guess you gotta remake something else.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »

Haven't they re-released OoT a few times by now?  I remember having it on Gamecube, and they updated it for 3DS not too long ago.  I'm not a huge fan of Wind Waker either, but every now and then I guess you gotta remake something else.

Yeah, but OoT would be a more attractive bundle. At least for me.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 05:12:57 PM »
I was going to pick one up today on my lunch break, but ended up going home sick from work with a nasty migraine.  Just got up from a nap to try and sleep it off to discover that on Nov. 1st they're doing away with the Nintendo Land bundle and releasing a Super Mario Bros U (And Luigi U) bundle.

Guess I'll wait a few more days!

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2911
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »
I was going to pick one up today on my lunch break, but ended up going home sick from work with a nasty migraine.  Just got up from a nap to try and sleep it off to discover that on Nov. 1st they're doing away with the Nintendo Land bundle and releasing a Super Mario Bros U (And Luigi U) bundle.

Guess I'll wait a few more days!

Nintendo Land is worth getting though. I spent a lot of time on it, and it's really fun in a group. :)
FINE