Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 8611 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3237
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Wii U
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »
No Animal Crossing announced for the Wii U yet - The latest DS one only came out quite recently. I am thinking it'll be a year or two before the Wii U one.
FINE

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
No Animal Crossing announced for the Wii U yet - The latest DS one only came out quite recently. I am thinking it'll be a year or two before the Wii U one.

Yeah, most likely. I think it might be better for me to just replay the Gamecube one since I hold it in such high esteem instead of getting a new one that I won't like and will most likely complain very loudly about while everybody else doesn't give a damn about what I say and enjoys it. Choosing battles and so on, y'know. I like to think that I live and let live with this kind of stuff a lot more than I used to. It really is the best policy and less people hate your guts, y'know.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
Fair enough - Was there an Animal Crossing game you didn't like? I found the three I've played to have such minor differences that, if anything, that was my complaint :P
FINE

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »
Fair enough - Was there an Animal Crossing game you didn't like? I found the three I've played to have such minor differences that, if anything, that was my complaint :P

Well, my problem with the Wii version was that at first it feels like you're replaying the Gamecube game almost verbatim and I was all like "why am I playing this? I already played this game." And, personally, I found the interface to be a downgrade to the point of being frustrating, so I just gave up. I just didn't feel like I was accomplishing anything, which is saying something for somebody who LOVED the Gamecube game.

I'm SORT OF having the same problem with New Super Mario Bros. U in the way where I haven't felt like they have really done anything they didn't already do in the DS and Wii games. It's been visually stunning and challenging, that's for sure, but until tonight I haven't felt the same sense of re-discovery and sort of childlike wonderment of playing in a 2D Mario world again. But that changed just about an hour ago when I entered the final stage of the story mode and...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And, to be fair to NSMBU, it has a lot of really creative and challenging Boss Fights. The Battle with Ludwig I thought was particularly brilliant. I haven't tried the Luigi side of things yet, but I've heard it's crazy hard, so that has the possibility of lifting the entire experience into its own. So I haven't given up hope yet, and frankly, I gotta say, things are looking up for it. :)

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »
I like the Wii U version of NSMBW better than the Wii one. But on the whole, I am not as interested in those as in the 3D games. Haven't received my copy of 3D World yet. Can't wait to get into it.
FINE

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 10:02:25 PM »
I like the Wii U version of NSMBW better than the Wii one. But on the whole, I am not as interested in those as in the 3D games. Haven't received my copy of 3D World yet. Can't wait to get into it.

I'm very much looking to get that.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »
Oh, for some reason I thought you already had that? Well, as much as I loved Pikmin 3, unless you really need a break from Mario, that's being called one of the best games of the year.
FINE

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »
Oh, for some reason I thought you already had that? Well, as much as I loved Pikmin 3, unless you really need a break from Mario, that's being called one of the best games of the year.

Killer. Yeah, right now the only game I have is New Super Mario Bros. U with the Luigi expansion that came with the bundle. I think the idea of playing Luigi, Toad and Peach the way they should be played (like in Mario 2) is what attracts me the most.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »
Oh! Speak of the devil, my copy just arrived! :D
FINE

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 10:46:32 PM »
Oh! Speak of the devil, my copy just arrived! :D

I was about to ask HOW, but then remembered that you live in Perth.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »
Super Mario 3D World may be one of the best video games ever made.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2013, 08:23:45 AM »
Now that I can actually have the Wii U out when the kids are awake, I'm down for some online bowling, tennis, golf, (eventually baseball) or other stuff. 

Hit me up with a friend request. (Hooray for no more console friend codes & then game codes too!)
Nintendo ID: onewallcinema

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »
Now that I can actually have the Wii U out when the kids are awake, I'm down for some online bowling, tennis, golf, (eventually baseball) or other stuff. 

Hit me up with a friend request. (Hooray for no more console friend codes & then game codes too!)
Nintendo ID: onewallcinema

I'll have to re-set up my Nintendo account, but when I do I'll hit you up for sure.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 07:32:35 AM »
Lame... Looks like when Nintendo dropped the Nintendo Land bundle and said "The game is now $30 in stores and on the eShop!" they actually meant "We're pulling it from the eShop and making it retail only!"

I had $30 in my eShop account for the game & it's not available anymore.  :-\

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 02:31:37 PM »
From the Mario Kart 8 Nintendo Direct:

Not wanting to leave loyal fans out of the mix, Nintendo has announced a new digital game promotion for anyone who registers the game to Club Nintendo before July 31. Those that do will be able to choose from a handful of games to receive for free, including:

North America Club Nintendo
Pikmin 3
Wii U Party
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
New Super Mario Bros. U

Europe Club Nintendo
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Wii Party U

For those wondering, the offer also applies to digital purchases of Mario Kart 8, so don’t hesitate if you prefer your game library to be available digitally.

Oh and while we're talking Wii U, what's all 3 of you who own a Wii U's Nintendo ID? Because we WILL have to revive some Rifftrax Mario Kart racing!  (Mine is onewallcinema)