1 (6.7%)
D
0 (0%)
D -
0 (0%)
F
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Grade "Fangs of the Living Dead"  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
Grade "Fangs of the Living Dead"
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:20:57 PM »
So you know the deal. What do you give Mike, Kevin, Bill and the guys on this riff? Personally, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I've been saying a lot that 2013 has been the best year in a while, and we have yet another solid entry. While I liked Dr. Who and Firehead quite a bit (the former after a couple more viewings, but that's how it goes sometimes,) I think this riff is the best one since The Apple, which I still think is the best riff of the year to date.

Loved the jokes about her hair, Blinka's boobs, the stupid guy's idiocy, and so on. I'm easy to please that way. There was never a gap when I wasn't waiting for good jokes. More than a few LOLs, so I have to give this one an A -.

And speaking of the rating system, I wanted to implement the full Plus/Minus system for this one because quite a few people have said they wanted to try it, as opposed to a solid grade only system to see if we like it better. I made a big deal about switching to the grade system from the number system and took it on myself to make the change, so I want to give the ideas of others a chance, because, after all, we're all on this board together.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
Re: Grade "Fangs of the Living Dead"
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:14:04 AM »
B-. it was okay but also "lacking" in many regards.  These foreign, mid-century, dubbed films are tough to get through sometimes.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 307
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 01:06:48 PM »
Loved the movie, but I thought they dropped the ball on this one a bit. The last ten minutes were hilarious though. Giving it an 8/A- (same thing, I think).

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 02:15:39 PM »
And really, during the surprise-sting in the tavern when the girl says she's going to the castle should've been "New York City?!" instead of "There's goulash?!"  Can't believe the guys let that one slip through.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2648
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 09:05:08 PM »
I gave it a B-.

The riff was pretty funny, but I think we watched it over 3 or 4 sittings (and the movie isn't even 90 minutes long!)

Also, I am not a fan of the new ratings system.
FINE

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 126
  • Psychedelic Cat Furniture
    • Choronzon
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:31:03 PM »
Loved it, from beginning to end, the riffs were hilarious, and yippee! no dead cat jokes!
A+

This one is on my 'played a zillion times' list.

I also have a y'know, thing about awful movies made in the late '60s - particularly ones with bad psychedelic organ music soundtracks...mmmmmm. Grooooovy.

And the bisexual part of me couldn't get enough of Blinka. Not just her bazongas, either - she had a compelling face and gorgeous...everything. The only thing missing was a gorgeous longhaired male Waaldruc houseboy. :)
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot