Author Topic: Was the ending of that dumb...  (Read 7023 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Was the ending of that dumb...
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 03:59:27 AM »
So, if the uncle was faking being a vampire.......why?    What did it gain him?    And everyone was terrified to see a staff member in town?   Ugh.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »
So, if the uncle was faking being a vampire.......why?    What did it gain him?    And everyone was terrified to see a staff member in town?   Ugh.

He wanted to drive Baby Doll insane in order to gain control of the estate from under her. An estate he pretty much already seemed to have control over given that she didn't seem to know about it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 02:24:03 PM »
Yeah, honestly the whole "it's really a plot to steal her money" seems to make actually less sense than it just being vampires. Which is all to do with the crappy filmmaking, not the tacked on twist ending.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
So the twist ending was that it was all a plot to gain her money, and then the double-twist ending was that it really was vampires. So basically this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AiCF1QdyxhM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AiCF1QdyxhM</a>

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »
Yeah, honestly the whole "it's really a plot to steal her money" seems to make actually less sense than it just being vampires. Which is all to do with the crappy filmmaking, not the tacked on twist ending.

And part of this is the "illness" of the brunette serving wench. She "dies" becomes a "vampire" is "buried" and then through a network of underground tunnels can get between the castle and the graveyard. ..... What is the....

You know what, screw it, vampires.  Because the more I look at it the less and less the "not really an vampires" thing makes sense.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »
Not to mention the fact that most people are going to watch a horror movie like this wanting to see vampires. So having it just be some hackneyed plot by humans isn't a good idea in the first place. Again, that's on the fault of the original filmmakers. Not to say that the producers forcing them to tack on an ending made it "better", but I at least know where they were coming from. And hearing the original director bitch because they "ruined his movie" makes me not want to side with him either.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
Well, I can side with the original film maker(s) in the ending being changed by the studio. He did set out with a vision and story he wanted to tell, which was changed by the studio against his will.  And the tacked on ending certainly doesn't make much sense either in light of what we "know" to have happened in the movie (no vampires, just a plot to get her to whatever) but the actual events in the movie don't exactly add up either. 

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 08:14:37 PM »
Well, guys, at least they weren't faking the boobs back then......

Or were they?

Offline LuvBJones

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 43
  • Dairy Council took my thumbs
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 09:14:28 PM »
So if the vampires were fake (uncle/grandpa vampire notwithstanding), that means they really were all wearing cheap Halloween-store teeth. Which means they were all in on the act. Which means they were some kind of kinky, big-boob, extra-skinny guy (with a big, meaty guy thrown in) goth cult? EWWWW!
WARNING: In case of Rapture, this dance belt will be unoccupied.