login

Author Topic: Was the ending of that dumb...  (Read 7018 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
Was the ending of that dumb...
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »
Or was I just in the wrong mood?

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: Was the ending of that dumb...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »
From the description:

What she discovers leads to a shocking twist ending, one SO shocking that not even the filmmakers knew it was coming - seriously, they made the movie one way and at the last minute the producers made them tack on a twist ending that makes no sense. See if you notice! (you will absolutely notice)

So, yeah. Conor thought it was dumb too.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »
That's a twist ending that'd even make M. Night Shyamalan roll his eyes and say, "Really?! That doesn't even add up!"

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
Sean wrote the hilarious description of this, but here's the info about the movie and ending. From Wiki, so obviously take with a grain of salt, but it does explain quite a bit:

"De Ossorio complained in interviews that right from the start of his "horror film" career, his producers were always tampering with his projects. His first horror film, Malenka, the Vampire's Niece (1969), was written to be a psychological thriller about a young woman who inherits a castle in Europe and is summarily driven crazy by her uncle who tries to convince her that he and she are both vampires. At the end of the film, the uncle's scheme is revealed and explained by her boyfriend to be a hoax. However, after De Ossorio finished the film, the producers decided to make the uncle a real vampire and added a low-budget disintegration scene to the film's finale that completely contradicted the plot."

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »
The end super-duper pissed me off. There are some riffs that I just get really into the story too, and when the ending happened I was all "wait... is it over? What the hell?! THAT'S the last image? THAT SUCKS!"

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 07:59:33 PM »
That part was dumb, I admit, but I was more dumbfounded and confused by the garlic-allergic friend becoming a vampire being out in the daylight and attacking the serving wench from the bar... I don't... What?  The whole movie was just dumb.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
That part was dumb, I admit, but I was more dumbfounded and confused by the garlic-allergic friend becoming a vampire being out in the daylight and attacking the serving wench from the bar... I don't... What?  The whole movie was just dumb.

I'll admit it, I liked the girls in this movie. Not sure who I liked more, Hottest Blonde in Italy or Boobs.  ...erp, I mean Blinka, BLINKA.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
There was some glorious cleavage in this movie.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 307
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 10:53:41 PM »
No, the waitress with the black hair who got turned into a vampire had the best cleava--over all looks. Wait, was that Blinka? I'm confused. Blinka was Cher, right?

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 11:01:51 PM »
Hmmm. Just did some research. Blinka was in Super Agent Super Dragon. There were also a number of people I've seen Jess Franco films.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 07:12:42 AM »
No, the waitress with the black hair who got turned into a vampire had the best cleava--over all looks. Wait, was that Blinka? I'm confused. Blinka was Cher, right?

Yeah, the dark-haired serving wench had the best cleavage/looks and, no, she wasn't Blinka.  Her and Blinka did get into a bout of of Foxy Boxing, though. 

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 744
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »
I was more dumbfounded and confused by the garlic-allergic friend becoming a vampire being out in the daylight and attacking the serving wench from the bar.

Well, that would explain why he was allergic to garlic at least.

Also, the brunette bar wench was definitely the best looking. Berta, I think her name was.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »
Sean wrote the hilarious description of this, but here's the info about the movie and ending. From Wiki, so obviously take with a grain of salt, but it does explain quite a bit:

"De Ossorio complained in interviews that right from the start of his "horror film" career, his producers were always tampering with his projects. His first horror film, Malenka, the Vampire's Niece (1969), was written to be a psychological thriller about a young woman who inherits a castle in Europe and is summarily driven crazy by her uncle who tries to convince her that he and she are both vampires. At the end of the film, the uncle's scheme is revealed and explained by her boyfriend to be a hoax. However, after De Ossorio finished the film, the producers decided to make the uncle a real vampire and added a low-budget disintegration scene to the film's finale that completely contradicted the plot."

Apparently the uncut version is available out there on the net. Longer and with the original ending intact and going by the title Malenka. No word if there is more cleavage or any sudden loss of Blinka vampire lingerie.

Offline Thrifty Version II

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 556
  • Now with 30% Less Fat!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 05:12:02 AM »

Oh is that what happened?  I guess I wasn't paying attention because I didn't realize the vampires were supposed to be fake.  I guess that would explain why dumb guy was able to walk around in the sun.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »

Oh is that what happened?  I guess I wasn't paying attention because I didn't realize the vampires were supposed to be fake.  I guess that would explain why dumb guy was able to walk around in the sun.

See at the ending I'm not sure if dumb guy was play-acting to... woo... the wench? Or if he really became a vampire since the movie retconned its own ending.