Author Topic: New VOD "Fangs of the Living Dead" Now Available!  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
New VOD "Fangs of the Living Dead" Now Available!
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:20 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/fangs-living-dead

Even before Prime Minister Berlusconi brought fame to Italy with his countless deviant and reprehensible acts, it was a sexy, saucy nation. And, according to its old horror movies, it’s also full of sexy, saucy, abandoned castles, owned by sexy, saucy, possibly dead but still wealthy men. And of course, most important of all, lots of sexy, saucy, scantily clad women to explore these castles and gasp at basically everything they see. As you might have guessed, our new feature Fangs of the Living Dead is loaded with your daily recommended intake of exactly this kind of Sexy Sauce (now available at Arby’s).

Leading the way is Anita Ekberg, known for being Miss Sweden, her role in Fellini’s La Dolce Vita, and most of all for going out of her way to keep people from finding out she played “the most beautiful model in Italy” in Fangs of the Living Dead about 10 years after all that.

Anita is summoned by her “uncle,” aka the Italian Vincent Price, to a remote castle he claims is her inheritance. What she discovers leads to a shocking twist ending, one SO shocking that not even the filmmakers knew it was coming - seriously, they made the movie one way and at the last minute the producers made them tack on a twist ending that makes no sense. See if you notice! (you will absolutely notice)

Ease into your most practical dungeon-exploring negligee and join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Fangs of the Living Dead!

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/fangs-living-dead
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
Re: New VOD "Fangs of the Living Dead" Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »
Oh, boy. This film is exactly up my alley. Me love the euro trash. And Anita Ekberg too. Can't wait.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 01:35:53 PM »
Downloading now. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what font are you guys using on the graphic for this one? I like it.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:38:42 PM »
Downloading now. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what font are you guys using on the graphic for this one? I like it.

60's B Movie Font otherwise known as Cheese-Drip

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 01:41:47 PM »

60's B Movie Font otherwise known as Cheese-Drip

Thanks. I'm gonna add it to my ever-growing library of goofy, nostalgia fonts.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 01:45:07 PM »
You're supposed to say Fangs A lot!

Actually I hope you get a real reply, I'm curious if it has a name too.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »
You're supposed to say Fangs A lot!

Actually I hope you get a real reply, I'm curious if it has a name too.

Oh, wait, I thought Cheese-Drip WAS the name. FANGS A LOT! :P

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
Usually the 70s/80s/90s cheese offers a lot more fun, these mid-century offerings aren't normally as good because the movies are just plain terrible, period, rather than just corny. Especially foreign movies that've been dubbed.  Nevertheless. I've bought and will watch.

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 05:35:02 PM »
I swear that the cut-rate Euro Vincent Price character is dubbed by Bryant "The Great Vorelli" Halliday.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »
I have to admit, these are the ones I generally find harder to get through too, but Rifftrax are pumping out such great material lately, I'm pretty optimistic.
FINE

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »
I have to admit, these are the ones I generally find harder to get through too, but Rifftrax are pumping out such great material lately, I'm pretty optimistic.

Yeah. The track ended up being okay but the the post 1960s cheese usually is a lot more fun.  This isn't one I can watch over and over like, say, "Kingdom of the Spiders."  There's just a difference between the type of "bad" in that movie and the type of bad "Fangs." Is.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »

Yeah. The track ended up being okay but the the post 1960s cheese usually is a lot more fun.  This isn't one I can watch over and over like, say, "Kingdom of the Spiders."  There's just a difference between the type of "bad" in that movie and the type of bad "Fangs." Is.

I haven't had a chance to watch this one yet, but I am betting I'll agree.

Kingdom of the Spiders and Firehead are my two favourites of the year I think.
FINE

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »
I swear that the cut-rate Euro Vincent Price character is dubbed by Bryant "The Great Vorelli" Halliday.

I'm 80% sure you are correct, and 100% sure that the fiance guy was dubbed by Bart Fargo.

Offline Keighvin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
I thought I heard Neil Connery...well, whoever dubbed him. Not sure if that guy did Bart Fargo or not.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 278
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 08:54:19 AM »
I thought I heard Neil Connery...well, whoever dubbed him. Not sure if that guy did Bart Fargo or not.

Watch Danger!! Death Ray again, and it will remove all doubt.