login

Author Topic: List of Crap: Top 50 Fantasy Movies Countdown  (Read 30709 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5178
  • Mr. Robot
Re: List of Crap: Top 50 Fantasy Movies Countdown
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »
Bono attempts to communicate with the monster and tell it all it really needs to be human is to love and be loved.  The monster eats him.  He is dead.  Luckily, Richardella had a magic spell in her back pocket to save his life... but one with a great cost.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 06:54:48 AM »
I can't believe this. I can't even die right.

Number 45 (tie) : All of Me
(27 points on 2 of 14 lists. Top Vote #11 by Mrs Dick Courier)

Plot:
Didn't you just read the-- OK, OK, here it is again!

Magical Spells, Artifacts and Monsters

Guys Got a Woman in his Body - Stupid guru.

Trivia Notes:
Steve Martin and Victoria Tennant met on the set of this movie. They were married in 1986.

Moment of Wonder
Not so much wonder as physical comedy

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nE58ZtIpNSo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nE58ZtIpNSo</a>
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:47:38 PM by Johnny Unusual »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 07:06:25 AM »
The party defeats the monster (including Bono's soul in the body of Richardella) and is about to move on when Tejava picks up a magic book that the creature had in it's clutches.  Screams of anguish and pain of those who have previous experienced and read the book echo from within...

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »
Am I gonna die, because I wrote this?

Number 44 : Lady in the Water
(28 points on 2 of 14 lists. Top Vote #4 by Tejeva Joe)

Plot:
Apartment building superintendent Cleveland Heep rescues what he thinks is a young woman from the pool he maintains. When he discovers that she is actually a character from a bedtime story who is trying to make the journey back to her home, he works with his tenants to protect his new friend from the creatures that are determined to keep her in our world.

Story Person - A person from a story named Story.  That doesn't really work.  It's like calling someone from Medicine Hat is born with the name Yukon.  Though that did happen once.

Other Monsters - I'll be honest, I haven't seen the movie.

Trivia Notes:
M. Night Shyamalan was in talks with Philip Seymour Hoffman for an unspecified role. Hoffman, despite the fact that he "loved the script, liked the role" had scheduling conflicts.   That might have just been him being polite.

Moment of Wonder

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KjhAKyiRL0k" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KjhAKyiRL0k</a>
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:48:15 PM by Johnny Unusual »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 07:13:35 AM »
Sir Rook and Richardella read the book and discover that it contains many of the secrets of the dungeon and how they can free themselves.  While everyone sets up camp and sleeps for the night, the two pour over the books and learn it's secrets.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 07:14:52 AM »
Yer a wizard, Harry.

Number 43: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
(29 points on 2 of 14 lists. Top Vote #2 by Mrs Dick Courier)

Plot:
This is the tale of Harry Potter, an ordinary 11-year-old boy serving as a sort of slave for his aunt and uncle who learns that he is actually a wizard and has been invited to attend the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry is snatched away from his mundane existence by Hagrid, the groundskeeper for Hogwarts, and quickly thrown into a world completely foreign to both him and the viewer. Famous for an incident that happened at his birth, Harry makes friends easily at his new school. He soon finds, however, that the wizarding world is far more dangerous for him than he would have imagined, and he quickly learns that not all wizards are ones to be trusted.

A Number of Them - You want to learn them?  Go to school.

The Nimbus 2000 - As used by Harry Potter and wizards suffering from mid-life crises.

The Sorting Hat - Decides which house students should go, depending on weather they are noble (Griffendor), evil (Slytherin), lame (Hufflepuff) or other (Ravenclaw).  Maybe they shouldn't be sticking all the evil students together.

Trivia Notes:
The Wizard's chess-set Harry and Ron were playing, the red queen is from the Lewis Chessmen, the most important of all chess pieces dating from the 12th Century. They were found in 1831 on a beach in Uig, Lewis. 78 pieces were recovered in all, and are now in the care of the National Museum of Scotland and in the British Museum in London.

Moment of Wonder
This is tough since it's all supposed to exude whimsy and magic and excitement.  I'm just going to go with the Christmas cause nothing beats Christmas.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w8vxuZ3bjrA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w8vxuZ3bjrA</a>

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 07:20:31 AM »
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.

Number 42: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
(31 points on 2 of 14 lists. Top Vote #8 by Charles Hussein Castle)

Plot:
Harry Potter is having a tough time with his relatives (yet again). He runs away after using magic to inflate Uncle Vernon's sister Marge who was being offensive towards Harry's parents. Initially scared for using magic outside the school, he is pleasantly surprised that he won't be penalized after all. However, he soon learns that a dangerous criminal and Voldemort's trusted aide Sirius Black has escaped from the Azkaban prison and wants to kill Harry to avenge the Dark Lord. To worsen the conditions for Harry, vile creatures called Dementors are appointed to guard the school gates and inexplicably happen to have the most horrible effect on him. Little does Harry know that by the end of this year, many holes in his past (whatever he knows of it) will be filled up and he will have a clearer vision of what the future has in store...

Even More of Them - I'm gonna be honest, I only saw the first one.

Trivia Notes:
The symbols under Sirius Black's picture on the Wanted Poster translate as "more or less human."

Moment of Wonder
How'd you like to take a class where they teach you to turn your greatest fears into jokes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/doxxfXqpKYA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/doxxfXqpKYA</a>

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »
Meanwhile, the rest of the party are overwhelmed by bad dreams.  This is unpleasant for most, except for Blackeye, who seems really into it.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 07:30:17 AM »
Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it!

Number 41: The Nightmare Before Christmas
(32 points on 2 of 14 lists. Top Vote #3 by Darth Geek)

Plot:
Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king of Halloween Town, is bored with doing the same thing every year for Halloween. One day he stumbles into Christmas Town, and is so taken with the idea of Christmas that he tries to get the resident bats, ghouls, and goblins of Halloween town to help him put on Christmas instead of Halloween -- but alas, they can't get it quite right.

The Residents of Halloween Town - The whole city is monsters, but sort of like the Munsters, so they aren't too scary and stuff.

Enchanted Holiday Trees - I wonder if there are trees for bank holidays?

Trivia Notes:
In 2001, Walt Disney Pictures began to consider producing a sequel, but rather than using stop motion, Disney wanted to use computer animation. Tim Burton convinced Disney to drop the idea. "I was always very protective of [Nightmare] not to do sequels or things of that kind," Burton explained. "You know, 'Jack visits Thanksgiving world' or other kinds of things just because I felt the movie had a purity to it and the people that like it," Burton said.

Moment of Wonder
The whole thing looks great, but this is a pretty iconic scene, even if it's a bit small in scale.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0JbKMKtI6Ug" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0JbKMKtI6Ug</a>
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:49:23 PM by Johnny Unusual »

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 07:33:14 AM »
When the party wakes up the next morning, they discover themselves surrounded by slimy monsters.  What will happen to them!  Until next time.  And don't hog all them cheetos Darth Geek.  I just didn't want to eat them until I didn't have to worry about getting cheese dust on my monster manual.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 09:25:20 AM »
Mmphth?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
Pak-Man - Cecil (Lawful Good Human Paladin)

I approve!

Offline tejava joe

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37:01 PM »
Xanadu cracks the top 50 yeahhh!!

This is entertaining.  Keep em coming. 

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
I'm a frigging gnome? grrr. Lousy pre-gens....

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »
Well, if I lost my soul, then I guess "the goal is soul". :D

*Starman is the only one who laughs at his stupid U2 reference/joke*

And how the eff did I forget the Harry Potter movies?!