login

Author Topic: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug  (Read 6752 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2014, 01:35:33 AM »
Oh and Beorn's facial hair really throws me off. It makes him look more like a Hairy Potter character in my eyes, plus I always imagined him a bit more overweight or roundish, but you can't please everyone. Different strokes, and whatnot. :)

I've always imagined Beorn as a massive, black haired man, with a very manly and handsome jawline, with a good bit of hair on his body, and thick, dark beard. His hair would be longish and slightly untamed, beard would be the same. Think a bigger, hairier, manlier Gaston.

Offline Malt

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »
Yes to all of that, that's how I always pictured him.

I realized the other day I left something out of my review but I can't think of it now...

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2014, 09:46:10 PM »
Oh and Beorn's facial hair really throws me off. It makes him look more like a Hairy Potter character in my eyes, plus I always imagined him a bit more overweight or roundish, but you can't please everyone. Different strokes, and whatnot. :)

I've always imagined Beorn as a massive, black haired man, with a very manly and handsome jawline, with a good bit of hair on his body, and thick, dark beard. His hair would be longish and slightly untamed, beard would be the same. Think a bigger, hairier, manlier Gaston.

I pictured him as basically Hagred from Harry Potter but more fit.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2014, 11:54:45 PM »

Perhaps the love child of Hagrid and Gaston?

I pictured him as basically Hagred from Harry Potter but more fit.