Author Topic: Man of Steel  (Read 11098 times)

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
Re: Man of Steel
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2015, 01:24:02 PM »
I finally watched this.

It was pretty bad. My favorite part was the flying space dicks scene.

Actually, I kid. I really liked the guy they cast as Superman; Lois was fine. I just didn't like the villain, and hated the production design, music, and story very much.

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2015, 04:56:53 PM »
I finally watched this.

It was pretty bad. My favorite part was the flying space dicks scene.

Actually, I kid. I really liked the guy they cast as Superman; Lois was fine. I just didn't like the villain, and hated the production design, music, and story very much.

So you noticed that too, huh?  I actually really liked the whole Krypton sequence.  I also really liked the music.

soguru

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2015, 06:53:28 PM »
Man of Steel's biggest flaws have to do with Superman's lack of real emotions. He at least kinda got there at the end of the movie... but it was a case of too little, too late. There were scenes that were emotional to be sure but I as the audience didn't truly feel those emotions, and that concerned me.

Hollywood... please, no more destruction of major cities. If Superman has to fight a guy, have it so Superman drags Doomsday or whoever to Mars and fights him there alongside Wonder Woman(Who can breathe in the Martian atmosphere I presume), and Batman, who probably developed an outer-space breathing apparatus before he was even Batman.

Offline Imrahil

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7914
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »
Yeah the right was pretty tedious. They can't hurt each other so what's the point?

soguru

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2015, 11:13:07 AM »
Yeah the right was pretty tedious. They can't hurt each other so what's the point?
That's why there needs to be some hint... at least some that the conflict can be resolved. What ultimately happened was pretty shocking and dramatic, but also completely out of nowhere.