Author Topic: New Short "Goodbye, Weeds" Now Available!!!  (Read 5929 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: New Short "Goodbye, Weeds" Now Available!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »

Not a lot of love for this one? I wonder how toxic the stuff is in today's terms.

Here's a couple of MSDS sheets for 2,4 D:

http://www.kernred.com/kern-agcomm/products/2,%204-D%20AMINE%204%20HERBICIDE.pdf
http://www.cdms.net/ldat/mp44n013.pdf

Looking at the LD50, it would take 3 to 4 ounces of the stuff (ingested) to kill a 200 pound person.
Not listed as a carcinogen
Irreparable eye damage listed though so don't get it in your eyes.
Also not listed as toxic to fish.

So as herbicides go it's not bad, no wonder it's still being used today.

And, FYI, the best Kevin song ever is in the Alien rifftrax presents, he does a long parody of "you've got a friend" imitating Randy Newman that is a killer...

The Alien Rifftrax Presents? You mean the Rifftrax for the movie 'Alien'? I don't recall a Rifftrax Presents called 'The Alien'. Furthermore, I thought 'Rifftrax Presents' pieces were by definition ones that were starring guest riffers, not the MKB Three.

on the front page of the site, click on browse catalog, then click on Rifftrax Presents.  You'll see some stuff by Bill and Kevin, Mike there, as well as guest riffers.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked:
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: New Short "Goodbye, Weeds" Now Available!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 10:48:43 PM »
The Alien Rifftrax Presents? You mean the Rifftrax for the movie 'Alien'? I don't recall a Rifftrax Presents called 'The Alien'. Furthermore, I thought 'Rifftrax Presents' pieces were by definition ones that were starring guest riffers, not the MKB Three.

Only Kevin and Bill did Alien, way back when they did a few without Mike.   Those are under the Rifftrax Presents banner.

It's toxic to humans, but not fish?

The LD50 (amount that kills 50% of the animals) for rats is for eating the material directly.

Since fish live in water it's hard for them to eat the solid material, since it dissolves in water quickly and dilutes.  So the toxicity to aquatic life is listed differently.  The second MSDS does list an LC50 (concentration that kills 50% of the animals in 4 hours) for fish, but the concentration is pretty high, it would take quite a bit of it in the water to kill the fish.  So the first MSDS simply lists it as not toxic to fish.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:51:08 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »