Author Topic: BBCA Show "In the Flesh" Starts Tonight  (Read 922 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
BBCA Show "In the Flesh" Starts Tonight
« on: June 05, 2013, 01:52:48 PM »
Wonder if the BBCA Show will be any good?  I will set it to record and hope.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/in-the-flesh/

About the Show
Zombie teenager Kieren Walker isn’t comfortable in his ‘undead’ state. He didn’t want to come back – he wanted to be dead. After his suicide four years ago, his friends and family thought they’d never see him again

But then, shortly after his funeral, thousands rose from the dead; and after months of rehabilitation and medication, the zombies, now known as PDS (Partially Deceased Syndrome) sufferers, are gradually being returned to their homes.

When Kieren returns, he is forced to confront his family, the community that rejected him and haunting flashbacks of what he did in his untreated state. Johnny Campbell directs, Ann Harrison-Baxter produces and Hilary Martin is the executive producer of the three-part series.

“In the Flesh” will premiere June 6-8 at 10pm/9c.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
Re: BBCA Show "In the Flesh" Starts Tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »
I saw this. It was interesting. Not what you typically expect from a zombie show.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 12:10:39 PM »
Agree, it was not what you would expect out of a zombie show and it was set for only three 75 minute episodes, but it was pretty good.

Did not go into what caused the zombie breakout or how the humans really put an end to it, which was odd for a zombie show.  It dealt with what would happen if the zombies got their old personalities yet.  How would their families behave, how would the town act, how would they act?

Nice job.

Offline mattwnelson

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 543
    • Catbeard the Pirate!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »
Agree, it was not what you would expect out of a zombie show and it was set for only three 75 minute episodes, but it was pretty good.

Did not go into what caused the zombie breakout or how the humans really put an end to it, which was odd for a zombie show.  It dealt with what would happen if the zombies got their old personalities yet.  How would their families behave, how would the town act, how would they act?

Nice job.

Well, I've seen very few zombie shows that really explain what causes the Zombie Apocalypse, but I kind of appreciated that they didn't go into the specifics. It's just not the point. Also, I found it very interesting that it wasn't a typical "zombie plague" thing, but a one-time resurrection of a group of people who all died in one year. It was unique.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »
Yeah, that was a nice thing to do because you do not see that very often....or ever at all really.

And yeah, what would it be like if you get your memory back, you remember all that happened and have to feel guilty about it?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 10:46:29 PM »
I thought it was pretty terrific.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien