Author Topic: Next live show on 8/15! Starship Troopers!  (Read 13053 times)

Offline myothernamewastaken

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Next live show on 8/15! Starship Troopers!
« on: May 25, 2013, 01:45:56 AM »
I didn't see a thread for this, so I hope it was okay to start one.  This should be a great one with "Starship Troopers!" 

I REALLY want to get one ticket to this, but I've never had any luck in the past as the show always sells out in minutes before I've even found out that they've gone on sale, despite checking constantly, which is surely a testament to how awesome the Rifftrax gang is and how many fans they have.  And now they're saying that the kickstarter donors are going to get first dibs, and seeing as how many they're were, these are going to be sold out before they even go on sale to the general public.  I mean, I understand why they're giving the donors first dibs as a way to say "thanks," but I also support Rifftrax by buying every VOD they do.

Maybe some year I'll get to see them live, but it's looking like it's not going to be this year. 

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
Re: Next live show on 8/15! Starship Troopers!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
Look forward to see what short they include.  Maybe another Norman?  Something totally different?
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »
Hopefull something ther than the shorts promised for the Kickstarter campaign.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline KidFlash

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
I think this might be a two and a half hour show. Even with lopping out the end credits, ST clocks in at two hours.  DO NOT EDIT THE BOOBS AND BUG GUTS, DAMMIT.

Considering the Kickstartery nature of it, I think a 7:30 (hell, you could even go at 7) start time could be feasible. Make it a special night.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 10:05:56 PM »
Yeah, I really hope they don't edit it. Either for time or to get rid of anything.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
Sorry I missed the kickstarter campaign.  I went to one of the live events in San Fran but my sister lives a half hour from nashiville.  It would be a good reason to go visit her but I'm not likely to get tickets.

Good movie choice too.  Hopefully they won't be editing it down and we'll at least get an mp3 too. 

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »
...and we'll at least get an mp3 too.

I hope for this, too! I think they should do a studio MP3 for Starship Troopers regardless of whether they can release a VOD of the live show or not. I'll buy them both!

Online CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 327
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
Honestly, I'm much more interested in seeing them riff Starship Troopers than Twilight again. ST has been on my "most wanted riffs" list for a while now. Just don't edit it. I doubt we'll see a studio version, but it would be nice.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 41
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
They just said on facebook that it's not an edited version-- apparently Sony wouldn't allow an edited version or something.

But that was the first I'd heard of this Starship Troopers riff. So, dang, count me in! I'll be there on August 15, man.

Luckily, the theater in my town never sells out for these shows, but they get pretty good attendance.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »
Apparently from what I've heard, the tickets are all gone as they were made available to the kickstarter donors first.

Offline skyroniter

• Blue Beer Drinker
    • MST3KVideos
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 07:34:23 PM »
I managed to get tickets but they don't have seat numbers assigned. Is this a general admission event?

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 08:05:33 AM »
Yes, they are gen admin. Everyone is guaranteed a seat obviously, but a line always starts forming a few hours before the event.

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »
Got a ticket to the show!  CANNOT WAIT to see the guys riff LIVE!!!!

Offline dachtenberg

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 11:28:34 PM »
Has a list of theatres come out as to where the live event will be broadcasted to? I live in Phoenix, AZ and I was wondering if there was a theatre here it will be shown on.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »
Check AMC theaters... Pretty sure it was at the Desert Ridge last time.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com