Author Topic: Who did we learn about this time?  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Who did we learn about this time?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 04:52:08 AM »
Oh dear lord!

Time for the morning bourbon now

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 07:24:08 PM »
I learned that Doctor Who absolutely doesn't work as a film.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
I learned that Bill's Dalek impression is astonishingly good.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4894
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 07:44:13 PM »
I've been wondering for years why the Daleks never released a soft voice Christmas album.

They did, however, release this.
This is the kind of stuff that I love this forum for.  Like Rifftrax, it is a commingling of awesome and very, very bad.

Isn't this sort of like having the cannibalistic Morlocks from the Time Machine getting a Christmas song.  You want to spend your Christmas with a genocidal hate machine is what you want!

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »
Quote from: Just-The-Trax
This is the kind of stuff that I love this forum for.  Like Rifftrax, it is a commingling of awesome and very, very bad.

If you liked that, then you'll like this, too.

(Featuring a lead guitar part apparently imported at great expense from an early Pink Floyd song).
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5531
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »
Not even ten minutes in, and Ian is already even more of an annoying load than the guy in The Mole People.

So not only can't the Daleks handle stairs and even slightly uneven floors, said completely flat floors have to be electrified flat metal?! So they are advanced aliens that basically run on Bumper Car technology? And yet somehow the other aliens are concerned for their lives in the woods. Oh for crying out loud, this is the only time where running aimlessly in the woods is actually a good idea!

An hour and a half of "dalek speak" is about as insufferable as trying to listen to Mr. Plinkett reviews.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:06:34 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 10:28:35 PM »
Not even ten minutes in, and Ian is already even more of an annoying load than the guy in The Mole People.

So not only can't the Daleks handle stairs and even slightly uneven floors, said completely flat floors have to be electrified flat metal?! So they are advanced aliens that basically run on Bumper Car technology? And yet somehow the other aliens are concerned for their lives in the woods. Oh for crying out loud, this is the only time where running aimlessly in the woods is actually a good idea!

An hour and a half of "dalek speak" is about as insufferable as trying to listen to Mr. Plinkett reviews.

As far as idiot characters go, watching Ian make a fool out of himself made me pine for the quiet dignity of Emmett from Twilight.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 10:25:27 AM »
I learned shiny hair is how you can tell who's an alien in the sixties while forehead and/or nose makeup  (Bajorans and Klingons ) ID'ed  aliens in the nineties.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 453
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 04:31:06 PM »
I doubt it was Mike's "first exposure" into Doctor Who. Unless you're talking about "Mike" the character Mike plays in the Rifftrax.  Much like MST3K these guys are not playing themselves and, really, for all intents and purposes are playing their MST3K counterparts.  Mike Nelson who was a head-writer on MST3K and a head writer on Rifftrax I'm sure has had some exposure to Dr. Who.  There are even Dr.Who references/riffs in MST3K.

At any-rate. I've never seen Doctor Who but there's somethings about it we can accept and expect. This movie? This movie goes to far with that especially in how our dottering old man invents a machine that can bend time AND space that apparently runs on mercury, the most boring element there is unless you're in a 4th-grade chemistry class playing with it in a petridish.

What else did I learn?  I learned that albino fey aliens really love themselves some wicker baskets!

Offline Mark A. Siefert

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 22
  • Lovecraftian Horror
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 11:11:33 PM »
I learned that that there was a Doctor lamer than the very short-lived No. 8.
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

"Well Mike, I guess it's just a magical land... I HATE MAGICAL LANDS!"

Crow T. Robot,
MST3k, "Jack Frost"

Offline geesus

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 12:19:57 PM »
Roy Castle really wasn't renowned for his comic abilities to be fair, but he played a mean trumpet. The poor guy met a very sad end in real life too.