Author Topic: Penn and Teller: BS!  (Read 31318 times)

Offline Reductio_ad_absurdum

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • A Singular Way
Re: Penn and Teller: BS!
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2007, 10:37:57 PM »
Yes, your scathing wit is far too advanced for me. 

OR that little non-joke may possibly have lead to my "there is almost nothing funnier than a christian in a 'western' country playing the poor maligned minority card" comment.

Well I guess you're just gonna have to fire me since I am such a bad personal comedian.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2007, 10:42:59 PM »
This is just too easy and not worth my time.

BACK ON TOPIC.

Hired season 1 today, be checking it out tonight.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Reductio_ad_absurdum

• Big Montana
    • A Singular Way
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2007, 10:53:37 PM »
This is just too easy and not worth my time.

BACK ON TOPIC.

You weren't worth my time from the very beginning.  I care little of how you get your kicks.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2007, 11:35:44 PM »
ZING!  Nice retort.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Teaflax

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2007, 12:09:10 AM »
You weren't worth my time from the very beginning. 

For someone saved and all that, you sure do seem awful bitter and angry, dude.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:16:02 AM by Teaflax »
Fear destroys. - Jon Anderson

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2007, 12:36:19 AM »
sigh,  and again we have we two sides of an argument built on a basis of dislike instead of actual intent of debate.  Shame on you all. 

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2007, 01:40:49 AM »
Sorry Grandma.
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2007, 03:04:32 AM »
you youngins behave or ill have to get the spatula out and wollop ya. 

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2007, 05:56:04 AM »
Let me put it this way:

One of the elements that virtually all the Western monotheistic religions share is the idea that EVERYTHING is created by God. Right?

So, it follows that of the myriad things God created, one of them must be Comic Timing. Follow so far?

Therefore, the fact that a christian living anywhere in the United States of America can actually utter, with a straight face, the phrase, "...trying to shove their values down our throats", and NOT spontaneously combust ON THE SPOT is further evidence, to me at least, against the existence of God.

Or, at least, a God with ANY sense of Comic Timing.     :D
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2007, 05:57:15 AM »
BACK ON TOPIC.

It's really good. And, as a onetime slave to the BMI, I found it enlightening.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 07:03:58 AM by gbeenie »
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2007, 06:02:57 AM »
I call BS on them personally.  They use the same arguements as every other anti-Christian such as taking Scriptures out of context, "the Bible teaches to kill", and other quotations from the great "How to Attack Christianity" pamphlet.  Nice way of condensing 2,000 years of theological, philosophical, and practical thought!

So, Reductio, apart from inflaming the rather sizable chip on your shoulder, did P&T present anything on that episode that they purported to be factual which you have facts to dispute? Or...

And its only the beginning too, better get on that bandwagon folks cause the persecutions just beginning!  There hasn't been a good one since Justin the Apostate!

...are you simply indulging your VERY AMUSING persecution complex?

- Conan O'Brien

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2007, 06:17:38 AM »
Let me put it this way:

One of the elements that virtually all the Western monotheistic religions share is the idea that EVERYTHING is created by God. Right?

So, it follows that of the myriad things God created, one of them must be Comic Timing. Follow so far?

Therefore, the fact that a christian living anywhere in the United States of America can actually utter, with a straight face, the phrase, "...trying to shove their values down our throats", and NOT spontaneously combust ON THE SPOT is further evidence, to me at least, against the existence of God.

That post is pure fried gold.
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2007, 06:47:44 AM »
Let me put it this way:

That post is pure fried gold.

Thanks. I worked a long time on getting the wording just right. And Leftists say people who listen to talk radio are brainless.    :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 07:04:42 AM by gbeenie »

- Conan O'Brien

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2007, 06:52:21 AM »
You are at war with someone else, not me.

I am not at war with anyone, I asked a 100% genuine question about the nature of your god, and your response was to ignore the question and make new statements and insult.

Next time you should make it clearer that you are only here to make acerbic statements and not actually respond to any queries, I mean that is clear to everyone now after reading this thread and the other, but it would have saved everyone a lot of time.

Offline MasterChief

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • Ruining the Covenant's day since 1999
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2007, 07:00:06 AM »
Next time you should make it clearer that you are only here to make acerbic statements and not actually respond to any queries, I mean that is clear to everyone now after reading this thread and the other, but it would have saved everyone a lot of time.

sorry about this. i just had to post my feelings after he so casually shrugged his shoulders and called me "kid".

Again, you are confusing me with someone else.  Do I look like a Right-wing fundamentalist?  You are at war with someone else, not me.

i don't think i confused you with anyone. let me quote your own post back to you.

This is utterly hilarious.  I make a comment on how I dislike Penn and Teller (the point of this thread) and I get lambasted for my beliefs.  You know why I haven't read Deuteronomy and Leviticus and why I skip around with the Old Testament, because beyond the messages of David, Solomon, and the Prophets I feel that it is not essential to my Christian walk. 

what you're saying is, only parts of the bible are relevant to your "christian walk." who are you to decide what's relevant? i understand your political affiliation as NOT a "right wing fundamentalist" but that was never your god's label, was it? that's a modern creation of society, aka "man".  isn't it the belief of most-or-all christians that the bible is either the word OF god, infallible, or the inspired word of god? or all three? so how exactly do you justify "cherry picking" as bathtub put it, your own religious manual?

"oh, yeah, that part about loving they neighbor is great for what i believe in. but the part about killing kids and raping women, and god seeking justice. that can't possibly be true, since it doesn't make sense to MY OWN BELIEFS. i guess i'll ignore it.."

i've heard that all before, from every single religious apologetic. if one part of the bible is false then the whole thing must be, so anything i don't like i just won't accept personally. POOF! instant salvation!
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.