login

Author Topic: Penn and Teller: BS!  (Read 31083 times)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Penn and Teller: BS!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 09:10:17 AM »
Bullshit kicks ass. Eagerly awaiting the new season that starts, I think, next month.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 09:26:12 AM »
One of my favorite gifs:

Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 09:42:56 AM »
That made me LOLz. Out loud.

Brilliant.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 09:51:51 AM »
only seen about 3 episodes of the last season, but they could revist old topics, maybe hook up with james randi and go after someone big like Sylvia Browne or something.

I don't know that there's any point to going after her. She's been proven inarguably wrong and completely debunked on so many occasions that I think it can be safely said that such information has become ubiquitous; it's available to virtually anyone who wants it. To profess faith in her "powers" at this point is either an act of supreme willpower ("I want to believe" is one of the most dangerous credos a human being could ever adopt), or, as in the case of people like Montel Williams, is simply an act, done for the purpose of drawing in the gullible.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline homerjayla

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Rich in heady goodness!
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
The first season was the bomb but then it got a little less great every season.
Global warming, where?

Offline tgeorgic

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 10:26:43 AM »
yeah, i loved season 1, thought season 2 had some good epsidoes then havent liked it much after that.  i only purchased the first 2 seasons on dvd as well.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »
I don't know that there's any point to going after her. She's been proven inarguably wrong and completely debunked on so many occasions that I think it can be safely said that such information has become ubiquitous;

P&T's very first episode was about cold reading performers like herself, and it still remains one of my favorites because it was an extremely personal issue for Penn. The episode won an Emmy, if i recall correctly. Sylvia wasn't mentioned in the show, but many others were, including John Edward, who I have a hatred for as deep as space.

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 11:44:05 AM »
Bullshit kicks ass. Eagerly awaiting the new season that starts, I think, next month.

Even better, next week.  And the first episodes going to piss off A LOT of liberals probably; Walmart Bashing  ;D

other topics this season as far as I've been able to find are:

Obesity
Detoxing
Exorcism
Immigration

Still dissapointed about Penn Radio being cancelled

Offline EightBitHero

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 01:09:42 PM »
Still dissapointed about Penn Radio being cancelled

Urgh, me too, I would listen from work every day and was a semi-regular emailer (I was Christian the Skeptical Atheist).  I had so many call of the weasel stories because i'm such a horrible, horrible weasel and then they go and cancel the show.

But anyway, I'm lookin' forward to season 5, it looks pretty great.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 01:41:11 PM »
I'm hoping he and Michael will pick it up again as a podcast thing...
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline omninaut

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • I LIVE !
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 08:50:49 PM »
Penn and Teller believe that terrorists did 9/11... the ultimate BULLSHIT.

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »
Quote from: omninaut

...  ::) ...

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 04:49:10 AM »

What a positively ridiculous statement.

Leaving aside the fact that whoever did it would in fact be a terrorist. What does your truther rubbish tell you in response to Al Qaeda through Al Jazerra et al promoting and taking credit for the act?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 04:54:11 AM »
only seen about 3 episodes of the last season, but they could revist old topics, maybe hook up with james randi and go after someone big like Sylvia Browne or something.

I don't know that there's any point to going after her. She's been proven inarguably wrong and completely debunked on so many occasions that I think it can be safely said that such information has become ubiquitous; it's available to virtually anyone who wants it. To profess faith in her "powers" at this point is either an act of supreme willpower ("I want to believe" is one of the most dangerous credos a human being could ever adopt), or, as in the case of people like Montel Williams, is simply an act, done for the purpose of drawing in the gullible.

It was an example, they could merrily do something like Oprah for a show, but I was meaning more like they could do a show on the Million Dollar challenge, if they ever found someone willing to try it, go through the phases and stuff. Remember the focus of the challenge has changed to be more focused and agressive, P&T could tie into that nicely.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 05:51:14 AM »

What a positively ridiculous statement.

Leaving aside the fact that whoever did it would in fact be a terrorist. What does your truther rubbish tell you in response to Al Qaeda through Al Jazerra et al promoting and taking credit for the act?

Responding to that nonsense is a waste of your time and energy. People who buy into the 9/11 conspiracy theory garbage have no credibility to call their own, so they attempt to steal it from rational people by engaging them in debate, believing (quite mistakenly) that credibility rubs off. They are on the same level as "the moon landing was faked" nuts and Holocaust deniers, and the best course of action is simply to ignore them.

- Conan O'Brien