Author Topic: Penn and Teller: BS!  (Read 31227 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Penn and Teller: BS!
« Reply #315 on: February 05, 2012, 01:37:26 PM »
Ok so I guess I missed the announcement
On April 14, 2011, Penn announced that Bullshit! has ended and a new show Penn & Teller: Tell a Lie would begin on The Discovery Channel.
I was searching for a Season 9 DVD release date and came across this.. :-[

I haven't seen the new show 'Tell a Lie' so is it similar to Bull Sh*t?
I'm sure it's less profane but does it still have the same type of appeal as Bull Shit did?

It's not that great unfortunately. I keep trying to get into it, but end up just watching it while I am working on other stuff.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3727
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #316 on: February 05, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »
On April 14, 2011, Penn announced that Bullshit! has ended and a new show Penn & Teller: Tell a Lie would begin on The Discovery Channel.

I'm sure it's less profane but does it still have the same type of appeal as Bull Shit did?

It's not that great unfortunately. I keep trying to get into it, but end up just watching it while I am working on other stuff.
That's what I heard as well.. Sux that BS was cancelled.. Maybe it'll be resurrected in the future :-\

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »

It really isn't like Bullshit at all. More like Penn & Teller crossed with Mythbusters.  Basically they tell/show 6 stories/myths/fantastic feats and one of them is faked and you have to guess which one.  I am a huge P&T nerd (hell I have a P&T themed tattoo) and I like it. Any chance to hear Penn yell a lot and Teller mug for the camera.  But if you go into it as a replacement for Bullshit you will be disappoint.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3727
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
Hmm.. I'll try to catch it and check it out sometime to see if I like it or not.. :-\

Thanks !