login

Author Topic: Penn and Teller: BS!  (Read 31533 times)

Jonathan_Short_Torso

Re: Penn and Teller: BS!
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2008, 06:09:59 PM »
I blame Jane Fonda.
I blame Tomrade Cruise... for everything.

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • How can a Pope be such a hottie?
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2008, 06:58:54 PM »
I blame Jane Fonda.
I blame Tomrade Cruise... for everything.

I got the need... the need for vodka!

alternatively,

"Take me to the collective dormitories and procreate with me or I will report you to the party."
"Show me the way home, babushka."

Jonathan_Short_Torso

« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2008, 06:19:52 AM »
alternatively,
"Take me to the collective dormitories and procreate with me or I will report you to the party."
Heh heh, good ones. Oh speaking of the devil, I saw a video on youtube a while back showing why Penn & Teller
haven't done an episode on Scientology... YET. Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYsjMrHnvQ

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »
Tellar has such a lovely speaking voice  :D

Also that's got to be a pretty old clip what with the mentioning of Trey and Matt.

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2008, 08:29:38 AM »

He would be great in a barbershop quartet I'd bet.  Or hosting Masterpiece Theatre.
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »
On the commentary for the Scientology episode, Trey and Matt mentioned that P&T told them they didn't need to do Scientology now because M&T did it so well.

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »
alternatively,
Heh heh, good ones. Oh speaking of the devil, I saw a video on youtube a while back showing why Penn & Teller
haven't done an episode on Scientology... YET. Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYsjMrHnvQ

I wonder if that was from TAM. I'd imagine so; I hope to go to that some day. *wistful sigh...*

On the commentary for the Scientology episode, Trey and Matt mentioned that P&T told them they didn't need to do Scientology now because M&T did it so well.

Yeah, Penn has said on many occasions that they won't do an episode of BS on cold reading because The Biggest Douche in the Universe episode exposed it better than they ever could. That might be (depending on the day you ask) my all-time favorite South Park episode because of that.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2008, 10:30:52 AM »

He would be great in a barbershop quartet I'd bet.  Or hosting Masterpiece Theatre.

He'd be a little more animated than the current host...

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »

Yeah, Penn has said on many occasions that they won't do an episode of BS on cold reading because The Biggest Douche in the Universe episode exposed it better than they ever could. That might be (depending on the day you ask) my all-time favorite South Park episode because of that.

Wasn't Cold Reading or at least psychics in general the very FIRST episode of Bullshit? And didn't it specifically feature them slamming the biggest douche in the universe? I'm fairly certain that it was, and did. And it was before that episode of South Park.

I'm just sayin'... :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Destin

• Big Montana
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2008, 02:25:36 PM »
Im trying to get my family and friends into Penn and Tellers Bullshit. I have been watching the show religiously for the past few years. And to tell you the truth, they have made such convincing arguments on some of the episodes that it changed the entire way I thought on the subject. Like the death penalty. A great episode for everyone.

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2008, 02:44:42 PM »

Wasn't Cold Reading or at least psychics in general the very FIRST episode of Bullshit? And didn't it specifically feature them slamming the biggest douche in the universe? I'm fairly certain that it was, and did. And it was before that episode of South Park.

I'm just sayin'... :)

After looking it up, you're right, but Penn has definitely said that in the past. Maybe he was talking about doing an episode specifically on cold reading? I dunno. I just know what he said when he was talking to Trey Parker on his (now sadly defunct) radio show.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »
Remember the episode on Nostradamus? It had that guy on there who wrote the book proclaiming the Ayatollah as the anti-jeebus, and when the Ayatollah died, made a new edition claiming it was Saddam? The guy who said Mabus was W. Bush? He was on a show on the History Channel about Nostradamus and said that Mabus was actually an amalgam of OsaMA and BUSh.   ::)

Guess he saw the episode and his verbal spanking by Randi.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 986
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »
Just a heads up:

The evil, evil folks at Walmart have a sale on the series right now. Season 1 is $17.96, and seasons 2-5 are $14.96. 

Offline DarthChimay

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2008, 06:04:12 PM »
Remember the episode on Nostradamus? It had that guy on there who wrote the book proclaiming the Ayatollah as the anti-jeebus, and when the Ayatollah died, made a new edition claiming it was Saddam? The guy who said Mabus was W. Bush? He was on a show on the History Channel about Nostradamus and said that Mabus was actually an amalgam of OsaMA and BUSh.   ::)

Guess he saw the episode and his verbal spanking by Randi.

I prefer to believe that Mabus is a Bea Arthur Transformer (I'll let you figure that one out).

Just a heads up:

The evil, evil folks at Walmart have a sale on the series right now. Season 1 is $17.96, and seasons 2-5 are $14.96. 

Mine better be put together in a sweat shop!

Jonathan_Short_Torso

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2008, 06:57:44 PM »
Just a heads up:
Damn, they're only available online! Now THAT is bullshit.