login

Author Topic: Sports anime  (Read 1616 times)

Offline tejava joe

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 38
Sports anime
« on: June 09, 2013, 05:49:22 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good sports anime?

Right now I'm really into Fighting Spirit AKA Hajime No Ippo.  It's an anime series about boxing.  It's SO good.  (Theres a bunch of anime sites online where you can watch all 76 episodes for free if you want.)

Gosh I would love to see a similar series but I can't find one.  there's the Ping-Pong Club but that isnt so good.  There's another one Prince of Tennis thats kind of lame too.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: Sports anime
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:06:59 AM »
Cross Game - Baseball anime

Bamboo Blade - Kendo Anime

There's also Ben-to, about the noble sport of kicking the crap out of people in a fight for discount meals at supermarkets.

Offline tejava joe

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
oh thanx.  The ben-to line looks like a joke, but with anime you never know it might really exist..

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 03:02:18 AM »
I'm a big fan of sports anime.  If you want to go old school (re: 1980's), I highly recommend Touch (from the same person who made Cross Game), which is a very quiet series, but well worth it.

There's also Overdrive, which is a good, but short about cycling, and One Outs, which is about a con man turned professional baseball pitcher who uses his quick wit to overcome his opponents.

Eyeshield 21 is also one of my favourites, but I prefer the manga, especially since the anime ends before the source material and basically ends with some filler.