6 (25%)
C (It was okay)
3 (12.5%)
D (Below Average)
1 (4.2%)
F (Epic Fail, or something)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Grade "Pyscho II"  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
Grade "Pyscho II"
« on: May 13, 2013, 02:59:07 PM »
Trying out a new ranking system for this one. I'm only including a +/- on one of them, because if we did all of them like that, we'd be using MORE ranking slots than we were for 1 - 10. Let's try this one out for size, see if we like it, and we can adjust it and/or ditch it for the next full length riff as we see fit. Cool? Cool.

I'm giving it a A. It was another solid entry into the 2013 "season." Very funny, very few lines DIDN'T make me lol. So yeah. Solid A.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
Re: Grade "Pyscho II"
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »
B, and using a standard grading system that's what it'd be, a B. (As opposed to a + or -.) It had humorous moments in it for sure and I don't think there was ever a point in the movie where things slowed down (as opposed to in "Kingdom" things slow down once the action is locked in the inn lobby.) But there was still a "spark" missing here. The movie itself isn't "TOO" bad aside from some illogic in it.  As mentioned before they actually made Norman seem like a sympathetic character whom you wanted to see lead a "normal" life and not revert back to insanity.

On the new grading system, I'm cool with it.  On using +/- for A,B,C,D while there'd be more options than a 1-10 I'd argue people "more know" the difference between what a C+ is and a C- is as opposed to, say, an 6 vs. a 4.  That's just me.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »
Yeah, Norman is clearly the hero of this film.

Offline The Snape

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »
A borderline A, because I'm a borderline Psycho for it!

Offline Droppo

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:59 AM »
A.  I loved it!  Great film choice....I really hope they do more higher profile VOD's like this.  Psycho III would be a great follow up!

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2649
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
A. Thought it was great.
FINE

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 307
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 02:29:08 PM »
Eh, no. I thought this was one of their weaker VOD's. The problem for me was the movie really limited the kind of jokes they could do and after a while (about 20 minutes) the Norman is really a psychopath but no one is treating him that way riffs got very old. The last twenty minutes provided them with some chances to break out of that but not much. I'd give this a 6 under the usual scoring system.