Author Topic: Your Thrift Habits - A RiffRoll Short!  (Read 708 times)

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
Your Thrift Habits - A RiffRoll Short!
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »
And since the subject is thrift, this one is a freebee, available on Youtube! I know solo riffs aren't the most popular, but my partner in crime got married last year and movie a few hours up north. And at any rate, I'd like to do another feature-length riff, so I thought I'd sharpen my riffing a bit. I feel like I really improved the timing on this one. It provided lots of openings for jokes, and enough silence to make them.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r56w8CS9lPI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r56w8CS9lPI</a>

Ah, the teen years. Who among us CAN'T remember the day our best pal brought in that shiny new camera and became the envy of every boy in town. You could have one, too, but there you were, wasting all your money on argyle sweaters and disturbingly effeminate desserts. Adolescence is crazy like that.

Join our hero, Jack Furth (it even SOUNDS like the name of a kid who would struggle to kick the girly snacks so he could buy a camera, doesn't it?) as we examine HIS THRIFT HABITS!

(Okay, that's not the exact title, but it was either get the title right or use the correct pronoun. I stick by my choice.)
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline NosferatusCoffin

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 64
    • Cinemasochism
Re: Your Thrift Habits - A RiffRoll Short!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »
Pretty good iriff. Thanks for making it available for free.

Highlights included the nun's habit, Lions game and nude pencil girl. We also mind-melded on the bail money, masturbation and nude shot of the girls with the camera riffs.

One suggestion. You might want to alter your delivery some here and there. Most of the time, it sounded like riffs were delivered as if they were coming from the wise-cracking salesman from "The Flinststones". That works in some instances, but a litlle variety in delivery and voice can go a long way.

I will certainly be on the lookout for more of your work.
Catch us on Cinemamsochism:
http://www.cinemasochism.com/

Catch us on iRiffs:
http://www.rifftrax.com/search/apachesolr_search/cinemasochism

"Diplomats. The best diplomat I know of is a fully loaded phaser bank." - Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »
That was very good. Too bad the short didn't have the goofieness of the reanimated Ben Franklin that the MST3K short did. But it is good to know you can dictate your live via elaborate graphs.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
Well, I'm glad you guys dug it.

I think some variety will come if I can get a second riffer again. I'm not going to do another feature without one. The next one I want to do is Aladdin. Another of my cousins (Matt was my cousin too, I've got a whole slew of 'em, my grandparents had NINE kids) expressed some interest in being my co-riffer. I've been sitting on this partial script for awhile, but I keep getting too busy or too depressed to work on it.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?