login

Author Topic: No. Really.  (Read 13048 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
Re: No. Really.
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
I've only see The Wiz "reviewed" on websites and video-commentary shows on-line. It looks utterly terrible, I've no idea what it's going for.  But I can see it being worse than this. This movie is full of problems and WTF-ery but it has.... Okay I can't finish that sentence without saying something that's complete BS.  I don't know what it is I watched (there were songs dedicated to narcotic use and to sweaty sex, so...) and I think the ending was pretty much the writer going... "Crap, I don't know how to end this.... Uh.... God comes and saves the day. The End."  Heck, I don't even know what the movie was trying to SAY!

What was my point again...

Oh, yeah, the Wiz is pretty crappy and I'd be interesting to see the guys take it on.  Not for a while though, again, I don't know how often I can handle musicals.

Offline MrBNatural by Conn

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 07:19:51 PM »
Wow this movie was bad. It was so painful to get through. This will be one of those watch once kind of things.
It actually made the Star Wars Holiday special seem like an enjoyable thing.

I am actually so traumatized that my brain is suppressing all memories of it. Excluding the fact it exists of course.  :-[

Offline Beyond the Riff

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
FWIW, having watched it for the first time in forever, The Wiz is the better movie. Better production values, better cast, better music. It does go to kind of a weird place, though. My bad....

Offline LuvBJones

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 43
  • Dairy Council took my thumbs
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 08:36:35 PM »
DON"T GO INTO THE LIGHT, SUGAR RAY!!!
WARNING: In case of Rapture, this dance belt will be unoccupied.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »

Everyone shut up and put on your BIM mark.

Offline MrBNatural by Conn

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 05:30:43 AM »
So if this was the future and set around the time of Future Force/Zone why did they not have Power Gloves in their "futuristic" station wagons?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 06:49:41 AM »

I went to IMDB.com to look this guy up and make fun of him............then I read about him really and felt bad for hating him.

"Looking back at his filmography, it isn't difficult to imagine Vladek Sheybal in a scene, lobbing Molotov cocktails at advancing German troops, against a backdrop of war-torn Warsaw. However, this part of his life played out for real. A member of the Polish underground, he was twice captured and interned in concentration camps. Both times he escaped. After the war, he was undecided about whether to become a doctor or an actor. "

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »
DON"T GO INTO THE LIGHT, SUGAR RAY!!!

...I don't plan to?

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
After the war, he was undecided about whether to become a doctor or an actor. "

I don't know how he would have performed in medical school but, right now, I'm going to say he made the wrong choice.

BiteMe316

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2013, 12:57:36 PM »

I went to IMDB.com to look this guy up and make fun of him............then I read about him really and felt bad for hating him.

"Looking back at his filmography, it isn't difficult to imagine Vladek Sheybal in a scene, lobbing Molotov cocktails at advancing German troops, against a backdrop of war-torn Warsaw. However, this part of his life played out for real. A member of the Polish underground, he was twice captured and interned in concentration camps. Both times he escaped. After the war, he was undecided about whether to become a doctor or an actor. "

Is that just before the Predator blew his head off?

(Not having an income sucks.  The sample looks like this one would be freakin' hilarious!  And I hate singing in movies! But with Mike, Kevin, and Bill, I can handle it.)

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2013, 01:31:08 PM »

Vladek Sheybal played chess grandmaster Kronsteen in the 1963 James Bond film From Russia with Love, a role for which he had been personally recommended by his good friend Sean Connery.

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2013, 03:56:47 PM »
You know your futuristic movie is bad when 'Future Force' predicted the future better than yours did.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »
You know your futuristic movie is bad when 'Future Force' predicted the future better than yours did.

What? You don't break into spontaneous song & dance to convey a message?

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »

Wait, Future Force took place in the future?

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 53
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »
Didn't you see David Carradine's futuristic 1989 Jeep Cherokee?  With a tape deck and everything?