Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2013 NFL SEASON Thread  (Read 29740 times)

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: The OFFICIAL 2013 NFL SEASON Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »
QB Tarvaris Jackson released by Bills

The Bills parted ways with QB Tarvaris Jackson on Monday.

Bills head coach Doug Marrone said the timetable for naming a straying quarterback for his team would be predicated on one signal caller separating himself from the pack. On Monday one quarterback was separated from that competition, as the team released veteran Tarvaris Jackson.

Jackson had a short, but strange tenure with the Bills that lasted less than a calendar year. The veteran QB was originally acquired via trade with Seattle for a seventh-round pick last September as an insurance policy at quarterback, but never took the field in the regular season.

He re-signed this offseason under new head coach Doug Marrone with the opportunity to compete for the starting job. But just over a month into offseason practices the Bills have decided to reduce their quarterback count from four to three.

Kevin Kolb and rookies EJ Manuel and Jeff Tuel are the three quarterbacks still on the roster.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 06:01:33 AM »
WOW!! :o

Authorities reportedly issue arrest warrant for Patriots' Hernandez for obstruction of justice
Published June 21, 2013

DEVELOPING:  Authorities reportedly issued an arrest warrant for New England Patriots’ tight end Aaron Hernandez, a source told MyFoxBoston.com.

The warrant reportedly was issued Friday morning for obstruction of justice, MyFoxBoston.com reports.

Massachusetts authorities combed an industrial park in North Attleboro, Mass., Thursday in an apparent search for evidence in the killing of a semi-pro football player within a mile from the home of Hernandez.

Hernandez, 23, appears to be directly tied to the homicide, MyFoxBoston.com reports, citing an unnamed law enforcement source. On Tuesday, authorities executed a warrant and searched the star’s $1.3 million home.

The body of the victim, Odin Lloyd, 27, who played football for the Boston Bandits, was discovered after a night out with Hernandez and two other men, the source told the station.

The four men left in a car together, driven at one point by Hernandez, but only three men returned to Hernandez’s home at the end of the night, and Lloyd was not one of them, the source told the station.

Sources told MyFoxBoston.com that there is video evidence of Hernandez and two other men wearing hooded sweatshirts walking into Hernandez’s home within minutes of neighbors hearing gunshots between 3 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.

The hard drive of Hernandez’s home surveillance system was heavily damaged when state police arrived at his home, MyFoxBoston.com reported.

Police say they are searching for a silver mirror cover which is believed to have been broken off a vehicle and may be visible along a route of travel between Dorchester and North Attleboro.

No suspects have been named in the homicide and neither Hernandez nor his lawyers have addressed the media.

Police have issued an alert for a silver Chrysler 300 rental car with Rhode Island registration that may have a connection to the homicide. A 2013 Chevrolet Suburban rented in Hernandez’s name emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation.

MyFoxBoston.com confirmed Hernandez has hired a lawyer and is being represented by Robes & Gray.

Hernandez, a University of Florida graduate and native of Bristol, Conn., was drafted by the Patriots in 2010. He had five touchdowns for the Pats during the 2012 season. He reportedly is also the subject of a lawsuit alleging he shot a man at a Miami strip club in February.

Florida police reportedly closed the case without filing charges after investigating the incident.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 06:33:32 AM »
I think this explains why they are making the Tebow news stories..........to cover up this mess.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 08:39:42 PM »
Yeah, this is totally fucked.  Looks like he smashed his cell  phone and had a cleaning crew come in to clean his entire house between the murder and the police showing up at his residence too.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 03:27:52 AM »
Oh really, I mean which one of us has not spent the night with other guys and a murder victim, then called in professional cleaners to scrub the house, then destroyed the mobile phone and home security systems?   I mean, this just seems fiiiiiine to me.

Offline The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 07:01:19 AM »

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
McCain leads drive to end blackout of NFL games, targets publicly financed stadiums
Published July 13, 2013
(AP)
Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain is taking the field against a long-standing federal regulation that blocks NFL fans from seeing televised, hometown games when their stadium doesn’t sell out.
McCain rolled out his game plan in May, as part of a larger Senate bill to allow pay-TV viewers to pick and choose channels instead of being forced to purchases them in typically more-expensive packages.
The blackout rule, adopted by the National Football League in 1975, essentially blocks local TV stations from broadcasting games in home markets if the stadium is not sold out 72 hours before kickoff and prevents cable and satellite providers from carrying the games.
However, the rule can be traced to a 1961 antitrust law that allows the league to negotiate billions of dollars worth of TV contracts for its teams. 
McCain followed his legislation with a letter last month to the Federal Communication Commission that urges the agency to make a final decision on the so-called Sports Blackout Rule, following a year of agency fact gathering “to determine whether the rule remains in the public interest.”
The June 19 letter to acting agency Chairwoman Mignon Clyburn states the fact-finding effort already includes legal arguments, a “white paper” by sports economists and thousands of comments from fans across the country.
It also lays out a range of options -- from keeping or ending the rule to changing its guidelines. And it argues the agency has plenty of authority to act without help from Congress.
“With so much detailed information on the record from such a wide range of stakeholders, it is time for the commission to take the next logical step … ,” reads the letter, cosigned by Connecticut Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal.
The blackout rule was modified last year when the NFL allowed each of its 32 teams to decide whether to allow locals broadcasts when their stadiums are at least 85 percent full -- a move to help such struggling franchises as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the San Diego Chargers.
McCain’s primary argument is that fans shouldn’t be blocked from viewing games in stadiums that they subsidized through state and local taxes.
“Now, if that stadium is not taxpayer-financed, then that owner can do anything they want to. But if the taxpayers paid for them then, by God, I think the taxpayers ought to be able to see the game whether they sell out the stadium or not," “McCain testified during a May 14 Senate subcommittee hearing, according to the St. Paul Pioneer-Press.
He has strong support from the Washington-based interest group Sports Fans Coalition, which also argues stadiums are built with the help of billions in tax dollars. So either broadcast all of the games or make tickets more affordable.
“HUGE! McCain introduces legislation prohibiting TV blackouts in stadiums built with public money,” the group wrote on its website this spring.
Officials for the hugely profitable league argue the sellout rule helps pays the bills through ticket sales because fans would otherwise watch from home. They also say filling the seats has cut the blackout rate from 56 percent in 1977 to 6 percent last year.
Any proposed, large-scale change would almost certainly face a strong challenge from the league and the National Association of Broadcasters’ powerful and deep-pocketed lobbying efforts.
They collectively spent at least $15.9 million on lobbying last year, according to OpenSecrets.org.
“It’s nothing short of a Washington miracle that we’ve gotten this far,” coalition Chairman David Goodfriend, a former Dish Network executive, told the Pioneer-Press.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »
I don't have a problem with that.  There are certainly better things they should be working on though.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Damn this sux :(
Jon Richardson dies at age 53

CHARLOTTE - Jon Richardson, a central figure in the history of the Panthers and their picturesque stadium, died Tuesday following a lengthy battle with cancer.

Richardson, the son of Panthers Owner/Founder Jerry Richardson, was 53 years old.

"We are very saddened to learn of the passing of Jon Richardson," the Panthers organization said in a statement. "He was a great friend of many people throughout the organization and played an integral role in the history of the Panthers in the building of Bank of America Stadium. Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Richardson family."

Richardson served as president of Panthers Stadium LLC from its inception in 1994 until 2009. Under his leadership, what is today known as Bank of America Stadium quickly became regarded as one of the NFL's most renowned facilities. In 2003, the stadium was among the facilities cited when the National Building Museum named the NFL a recipient of The Honor Award in recognition of the importance that football stadiums have played in the physical revitalization of American cities.

A constant and beloved presence at the stadium site during construction and around the grounds throughout the evolution of the Panthers organization, Richardson oversaw a series of enhancements to the classically designed stadium throughout his tenure. Among his final projects were the addition of the Gridiron Club and a new scoreboard and sound system in 2008.

Richardson was a three-year letterman for the University of North Carolina, leading the team in receptions in 1981 and earning a training camp tryout with the Baltimore Colts in 1982. After receiving his degree in economics in 1982, Richardson spent three years in the food industry before returning to North Carolina to earn his MBA in 1987. He then began A-OK Home Services in Chapel Hill and sold the successful enterprise after five years.

Richardson is survived by his wife, Kathleen, his son, Johnson, and daughters Rose and Claire.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 08:39:39 PM »
One week away from Pre-Season!! :highfive: :cheers:

And on a similar subject; I've been shopping on ebay looking around for random NFL jerseys for my brother in law's new 'Red Wings Bar & Grill' American style restaurant in Iguala, Mexico cause he wants to hang them on the walls to spruce up the place.. Cool idea! :o

So far, I've got the following..

Kerry Collins #12 Carolina Panthers
Brett Favre #4 Minnesota Vikings
Payton Manning #18 Colts & Broncos
& Doug Flutie #7 Buffalo Bills (I might have to keep this one cause it fits me  ;D )

I will search for maybe a couple more between now and our return trip in 6 weeks 8)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 06:13:53 AM »
I know you would like some of the Rams jerseys like my Issac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, Warner................but that AIN'T gonna happen.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 06:40:50 AM »
I know you would like some of the Rams jerseys like my Issac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, Warner................but that AIN'T gonna happen.
:angry:

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 08:16:11 AM »
I had to settle for #10 Marc Bulger for $7  :-[
And Chad 'Ocho Cinco' Johnson's Bengals jersey.. That'll look funny in the restaurant :D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:27:54 AM by RVR II »

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »
WOOT It's Time! :highfive:
The Hall of Fame game: Dolphins vs Cowchips, starts Sunday Aug. 4 at 8pm on NBC :cheers:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 10:19:39 AM »
Bulger was a good QB, so that is okay to have.

Basically, shirts on the wall will just be used for whipping greasy chicken wings fingers on anyway.