Author Topic: Star Trek Into Darkness  (Read 17224 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »
Yeah, that moment was too far and just out of place. I mean, they DO know Spock is supposed to be fairly un-emotional, right?  I sort of face-palmed too at that moment.
No, vulcans in general are unemotional by choice.  They actually experience emotions much more intensely than humans do.  Every now and then, they lose their ability to suppress those emotions.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 454
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2013, 03:09:22 AM »
Yeah, that moment was too far and just out of place. I mean, they DO know Spock is supposed to be fairly un-emotional, right?  I sort of face-palmed too at that moment.
No, vulcans in general are unemotional by choice.  They actually experience emotions much more intensely than humans do.  Every now and then, they lose their ability to suppress those emotions.

Yes, I do know this. But Spock, at least as he was portrayed in TOS and in the movies, wasn't so easily unhinged.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2013, 03:51:50 AM »

Yes, I do know this. But Spock, at least as he was portrayed in TOS and in the movies, wasn't so easily unhinged.

I think Sylar might have something to do with it ;)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5581
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2013, 12:11:20 PM »
Can we please have a Star Trek movie where just Spock and Scottie go and have an adventure? The ship would probably survive, too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:50:44 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3041
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2013, 07:07:53 PM »
Spock and Scotty star in: Dude, Where's My Starship?

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2013, 11:15:01 PM »
Spock and Scotty star in: Dude, Where's My Starship?

"Is there a tatoo on my back?"

"Aye."

"What does it say?"

"Aye."

"Please, Mr. Scott, tell me what it says."

"Aye."

"Never mind, there is also a tatoo on your back."

"What's it say?"

"Fascinating."

"Aye, but what is it?"

"Fascinating.  But what does mine say?"

"Aye!  What's mine?"

"There is no reason to raise your voice..."

And so on...
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »
Let's get Maeby to fast track this one.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2013, 07:48:29 AM »
Just went and saw this yesterday.  Thankfully, I'm not a big enough fan of Star Trek to know/care when they mess with things in the Star Trek universe.  As a movie I liked it.  The clock of the story seemed a little off as it seemed like this was more of a "day in the life" kinda thing as opposed to an in depth story that could have taken some time to develop.  I guess JJ wanted to get to the action sequences.  I enjoyed Benedict Cumberbatch as the villain.  Anyone who hasn't seen the Sherlock series starring him, run.. do not walk to find them.  Nimoy's inclusion was nice to see again and made sense to me.  I'll have to watch the rifftrax of Wrath of Khan fairly soon as I haven't yet.  All in all, it felt like this was a solid, very watchable star trek movie which for a non-fan is pretty good.  Sorry if some of you fans are disappointed by the product on the screen.