Author Topic: Joke In Search of A Punch Line (aka "Finish This Joke")  (Read 4168 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
Joke In Search of A Punch Line (aka "Finish This Joke")
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Thanks to an impromptu event in the 'Completely Random Thoughts' thread we have a new game.

The idea for this is that someone will provide the set up for a potential joke, with only the punchline left off the end.  Subsequent posters will then try their hand at finishing the joke.  And, just like in so many other threads (e.g. 'The Photo Riff Thread (a.k.a. Photo Captions)') it continues with that set up until people have run out of punch lines &/or someone posts a new set up.  Like with the Photo Captions thread, it is also not necessary to build on any prior set up if you don't have a punch line for any of the ones already presented.  You can just add a new set up if you have it ready.  [And also like the Photo Captions thread, you can go back and choose any earlier set up to give a punch line for if you wish.]

It also isn't obligatory that the person finishing the previous joke set up the next one.  Some people may have more skill at one or the other, so may only want to contribute 'set ups' or 'punch lines'.

Let's start with:

A man walks into a bar that is nearly empty.  There's a sloth sitting at the bar nursing a drink (as would be expected).

The man sits down beside the sloth and says, "hmm... looks like a slow night."

The sloth replies:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:57:54 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
Re: Finish This Joke
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:39:05 PM »
Can we just end each one with in bed or in my pants?  Or maybe the aristocrats!

I would start but I'm not natually witty.  Sarcastic as hell but not witty.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 312
  • I used to be cool dag nabbit!
Re: Finish This Joke
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:20:08 PM »

Let's start with:

A man walks into a bar that is nearly empty.  There's a sloth sitting at the bar nursing a drink (as would be expected).

The man sits down beside the sloth and says, "hmm... looks like a slow night."

The sloth replies:
You......think.......this.......is......slow.....you.......should......have......been.....in.......here.......3....hours.........ago........when....this.......guy....came.....in....and......said......"hmmmm......looks......like....a.....sl.........HEY!......where.......did.....he.....go?.

*oops....After a 50 year prison sentence, a con is released on probation and given a job at a dog rescue. The owner gave him a tour of the facility and at one point says "Now, this here is where we keep the dogs that are in heat, I need ya to clean up their cages. I reckon you won't have a problem doing that?"
and the ex-con says:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:31:06 PM by mike5150 »

Dr Ahmad Makhini

Re: Joke In Search of A Punch Line (was "Finish This Joke")
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 08:09:54 AM »
"You're kidding, right? After 50years I get someone else to be MY bitch?"

A 12inch pianist walks into a bar....

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 08:54:23 AM »
...and the bartender says "Thanks for coming, I'll bet you get a lot of childish cracks about your size"
The pianist says, "yeah, you would not believe some of the stuff they say about me being a 12 inch pianist" Then the bartender says "yeah, every time I even talk about getting a small pianist in here, I get all of the childish remarks and laughter. I don't even get what is so funny. Anywho, let me take you in the back and show you my tiny organ that you will be playing with tonight."

Offline Bus Taker

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 110
  • "We're a danger to ourselves and others"
    • Music site
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »
She left the large cucumber on the bus... (actual occurrence I witnessed, but surely there is an interesting ending to this....)
"I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh

Dr Ahmad Makhini

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
[Probably get banned for this, but here goes]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why did the Colonel Saunders cross the road?

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5133
  • Mr. Robot
Re: Joke In Search of A Punch Line (aka "Finish This Joke")
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 05:32:17 AM »
Wait, he got banned for that?  I mean, it's pretty bad, but...

Offline mike5150

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 05:19:35 PM »
....and then George said to Ringo.."yeah, Paul just made a HORRIBLE joke hidden in a bunch of spoilers and then took off running, all the while John screaming after him.."That's it Paul! You're banned!" and that was it. Now whenever I see Paul, that is what I will think...BANNED ON THE RUN."

So this guy that is just AWFUL at telling jokes walks into the bar, the bartender looks up and says:

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »
Get the fuck out!

A tall guy and a short guy walk into a bar...