Author Topic: New VOD featuring Matthew J. Elliott "Horror Express" Now Available!  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 615
http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/horror-express-matthew-elliott

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tlt1VbDjZSs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tlt1VbDjZSs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

The Deadly Mantis showed us that the life of a palaeontologist is one of intrigue, romance, and unstoppable monsters. Horror Express does nothing to dispel this notion, so that presumably means it can only be true.

Here, Christopher Lee plays Professor Alexander Saxton who, never having been told by his mother that he shouldn’t play with dead things, unearths a frozen ape man in Manchuria because…well, what else is there to do in Manchuria?

En route to Moscow by train, the ape man comes back to life, and starts killing off passengers, all the while whistling a haunting tune, in spite of the fact that he doesn’t have any lips. Oh, and Peter Cushing is on the train, too. And Telly Savalas shows up, presumably in order to pay off a gambling debt.

Nowadays, there are really only two things to be concerned about when traveling by train: lateness, and sitting too close to the stubbly guy who smells like urine and crazy. Compare that with two movie legends, a homicidal caveman and a bat-poopy insane Telly Savalas, and you'll see that the Horror Express is a ninety-minute ride not to be missed.

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/horror-express-matthew-elliott
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 729
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: New VOD featuring Matthew J. Elliott "Horror Express" Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 01:48:50 PM »
Downloading right now!! 
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2293
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »
Oh man, haven't seen this movie in so many years, remember it well from watching it on the old Saturday afternoon "fright fests" on various UHF channels back when I was a kid.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 02:35:10 PM »
Oh man, this is a WEIRD movie for sure..........and I cannot wait to listen to this one as his rifftraxs are GREAT.

Offline The Trout

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 12
  • Electro-Syntho-Magnetic
    • Troutcave Comics
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 04:20:33 PM »
Can't wait for this one either.  It's already downloaded, waiting for me tonight.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 11:55:51 AM »
Love the picture quality of this VOD.  I downloaded the Tablet format(Usually faster than the MPEG) and then burned it to DVD  with Nero.  For some reason I wasn't expecting widescreen but it looks great on my TV.  And the riff is great too.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 245
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »
Almost worth getting alone for the great print of Express. I've only ever seen a crappy one.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »
Almost worth getting alone for the great print of Express. I've only ever seen a crappy one.

Severin put it out on blu-ray last year. I am hoping that the audio from this version will sync up with the Severin one so I can have HD.  The MPEG file is non-anamorphic unfortunately.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline The Trout

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 12
  • Electro-Syntho-Magnetic
    • Troutcave Comics
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 07:55:09 AM »
I did notice that, despite being non-anamorphic, the picture quality was markedly good.  I was honestly shocked, compared to many of the VODs.

Offline John Bradley

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
No ISO?

I'll survive, but somewhat inconvenient.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 08:16:11 AM »
Is there really not an ISO? You should email support@rifftrax.com, the formats shouldn't be any different than our normal VODs

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 615
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 09:36:05 PM »
There's an iso on the server - I knew I made one. Anyone else not seeing it?
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »
It wasn't showing up on the day of release but it is there now.

Offline matthew j elliott

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 30
  • England - It's Totally a Place.
    • RiffTrax Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 06:21:15 AM »
Just wanted to let you guys know, the next RiffTrax Presents is written and ready to be recorded - in fact, it would've been recorded by now, but a car accident involving some family members has taken precedence over everything right now - soon, though, I promise. I also promise a big surprise with this Riff. I'm not exactly saying it's Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150, but I'm not exactly saying it isn't...

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 07:42:10 AM »
Just wanted to let you guys know, the next RiffTrax Presents is written and ready to be recorded - in fact, it would've been recorded by now, but a car accident involving some family members has taken precedence over everything right now - soon, though, I promise. I also promise a big surprise with this Riff. I'm not exactly saying it's Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150, but I'm not exactly saying it isn't...

As usual I can't wait for your next riff. I really hope all is well with your family!