login

Author Topic: "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2" MP3 Commentary, Now Available!!!  (Read 13303 times)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
Re: "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2" MP3 Commentary, Now Available!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
Speaking of digital babies, Wolfie boy kept telling Bella girl that it isn't what she thinks. Did he ever convince her? Did I miss that? Because I was never convinced.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 06:45:28 PM »
No, he didn't.  Really it's a creepy plot thread from the book they really could've done something to correct, but I don't see how.  On the one hand Jacob "needs" to imprint with Renessme in order to want to protect her (which sort of ends the battle between the wolves and vampires after Bella dies.) Renessme needs to also remain a child during the movies in order to get Volturi to believe the Cullens have created and immortal child. (Which is against Vampire Law.)  It'd have been a lot less creepy if we'd seen Renessme grow to an adult (or an older teen as the vampire/human mixed births don't age past 17) and THEN Jacob imprints on her.  But that happening muddies a lot of stuff that happens in the final part of the book/second movie.

I think Meyer explained at one point that while Renessme is a child Jacob's "imprint" on her is purely brotherly or more like the love/devoition/protection you'd have toward a child family member. It doesn't become romantic interest until Renessme becomes full-grown.

But I don't think the movie very well pulls off this idea. So it ends up creepy.

There's the point where they're trying to gather witnesses and Jacob is sitting in the backseat of the car with her smiling and talking with her and it just feels... creepy.  I don't know if just the situation or Lautner's acting.  Then there's when they were exchanging Christmas presents and Jacob has Renessme practically in his lap giving her a friendship bracelet.

Then we have Meyer being a Mormon which has an extreme offshoot known as "FLDS" which still practices polygamy and usually has young girls "wedded" to much older men.

It's just a very, very messed up situation.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 09:50:47 PM »
Very messed up, indeed.

But good comedy.

I'm actually sad this inane series came to an end--for riff reasons.

Thanks for the exegesis, Trekker.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 06:46:59 AM »
Well, we have The Host coming out soon, which also is from Stephenie Meyer and also looks aweful.
And I've heard the studios want to reboot the Twilight series in a year or two.

Offline beavis2323

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »
Well, we have The Host coming out soon, which also is from Stephenie Meyer and also looks aweful.
And I've heard the studios want to reboot the Twilight series in a year or two.
as long as there is more moustache dad im ok with it