Author Topic: "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2" MP3 Commentary, Now Available!!!  (Read 13262 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 646
http://www.rifftrax.com/riff/twilight-breaking-dawn-part-2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tNhGhJZ3PSY?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tNhGhJZ3PSY?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

“You see, son, sometimes, when a shirtless teenage werewolf and a newborn love each other, very, very much...” Baby girlfriends! International squads of vampires with a host of mutant superpowers that should be blood in the water to Marvel’s legal department! A final, epic showdown between the forces of vampire “evil” and vampire “meh, whatever”! All that sounds amazing, right! It’s what we’ve been building to for four movies, right??? Like, something’s finally gonna happen! RIGHT??????

Ah ha ha haaaa, remarkable. Believing this series would pay off in any way... to paraphrase Twilight: New Moon songstress Lykke Li, “There’s no posssibilityyyyyy.” This movie is mostly about an extended vampire family gathering to show support for Bella, its newest, most insipid and simpering member. Because that’s why people love vampires -- to see them form coalitions of understanding, and talk out their differences.

But there’s hope, in the form of effete ancient men in red - that’s right, more Volturi than ever before! And the great Michael Sheen offering a cackle of delight so extraordinary that the petition to make it part of his eventual Oscar death reel should begin NOW.

Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill as they hide in the mustache of Mustache Dad for one last journey into the land of vampire sensitivity, Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2!
http://www.rifftrax.com/riff/twilight-breaking-dawn-part-2
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
Re: "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2" MP3 Commentary, Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
Goodbye Kevin. :(

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:06:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm confused too.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1261
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:11:27 PM »
Listen to the intro.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 02:11:55 PM »
Playing along with what's "revealed" in the intro to the Trax.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »
Watching it for the 2nd time.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 08:18:41 PM »
Wow.  Hands down the worst of the Twilight Movies.  My jaw dropped a little once I realized that the baby love jokes were not just the guys being funny and were based on what was actually in the movie.

And that was the worst case of 'uncanny valley' I've ever experienced.  The baby looked so bad that it was discomforting.  It made me want to look away.  It was way too weird.  Right in the middle of that valley.  And why the hell did they keep her CGI when she grew up?  Can't be that hard to find a kid.  It's crazy that those movies have made so much god damn money and they still can't afford decent post.  The cgi all looks crappy, and so does a lot of the composting.  I guess they figure teens don't give a shit, so why waste money on the movie when it could line their pockets.

EDIT:  Hilarious commentary though.  Only a slight slump in the middle, but came back strong at the end.  Great stuff.  One of my favorites.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3224
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 09:05:09 PM »
A note for anyone trying riffplayer, on my system it takes almost a minute for the movie to start playing, so if you think the player has crashed let it go for a few minutes before killing it.

And this is the first Twilight movie I've watched the entire thing, previously I've seen about half of New Moon in bits and pieces with the Rifftrax, wow, way more lame than I could possibly imagine... ;D

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 09:22:11 PM »
Have to say I'm disappointed at the lack of credit riffs for this last film.  At least for the character montage.

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 07:11:11 PM »
My proudest moment on Twitter, everybody. I don't have very many, so this was awesome.

https://twitter.com/SugarRayDodge/status/312397075964907520?uid=380585030&iid=4725d970-ce06-4054-a0e6-f6463d907bcf&nid=27+227&t=1

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 07:54:20 PM »
It's a girl thing. Don't hold it against her TOO much. Just a little is enough. ;)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 07:44:01 AM »
It is like they told every good actor in there to suck because the movies are supposed to suck.

What.......the..........heck.............

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3224
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 09:14:38 AM »
It is like they told every good actor in there to suck because the movies are supposed to suck.

Just another proof that good actors can't make crappy material good. 
And bad actors make crappy material funny.
And digital babies can't act.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 11:02:57 AM »
I disagree, Michael Sheen is an absolute delight in these movies.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 12:18:30 PM »
Michael Sheen did not care, and as a result, he was the best part of the series.