Author Topic: What's Crack-a-lackin? (The Cracked Thread) (moved to links thread)  (Read 9366 times)

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Re: What's Crack-a-lackin? (The Cracked Thread) (moved to links thread)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
Please don't refer to Cracked as a comedy or humor website.  It is not.  It just uses that name, and its former status as a humor magazine, as cover when it is wrong on things.

I gave up on Cracked when it posted that article about how the movie "No Escape" is racist, and how a commercial depicting women being housewives is sexist.  At best it's more of a dumb Buzzfeed knockoff which shoehorns everything into dumb lists.  At worst it's a liberal version of Breitbart, existing to rile people up in exchange for clicks.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline goflyblind

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2017, 06:07:57 PM »
Please don't refer to Cracked as a comedy or humor website.  It is not.  It just uses that name, and its former status as a humor magazine, as cover when it is wrong on things.

I gave up on Cracked when it posted that article about how the movie "No Escape" is racist, and how a commercial depicting women being housewives is sexist.  At best it's more of a dumb Buzzfeed knockoff which shoehorns everything into dumb lists.  At worst it's a liberal version of Breitbart, existing to rile people up in exchange for clicks.

that's a good impression of a cantankerous old white guy.  :clap:
dF = 0
d*F = J

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 03:35:14 AM »

that's a good impression of a cantankerous old white guy.  :clap:

Well I am pretty cantankerous, and I am white.  Old.... well I guess that's a relative term.  I'm 36, but I have been mentoring a bunch of early 20s fresh college graduates at work recently.  And I keep having these recurring dreams where I'm at my old high school and making observations about the youth of today... such as that none of the students there are old enough to have memories of 9/11.

Still, Cracked is a pretty terrible website. 
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
Yeah, but Necro-posting a 4 year old thread, which last had a post 2 years ago, simply proves that you had a soapbox you couldn't wait to stand on and proclaim the editorial pursuits of a free website.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:06:42 PM by Ortega »

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 03:16:06 AM »
Yeah, but Necro-posting a 4 year old thread, which last had a post 2 years ago, simply proves that you had a soapbox you couldn't wait to stand on and proclaim the editorial pursuits of a free website.
Its last post was actually a few days ago, by some spambot.