Author Topic: Ask me any questions about the US Postal Service  (Read 13136 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4983
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Ask me any questions about the US Postal Service
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2009, 07:43:38 AM »
so it took an extra five minutes? your wording is confusing.
It normally takes my 5 - 7 Minutes with the weekday guy.. I clarified that in the original post ..

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2009, 02:57:18 PM »
I'm ressurecting this thread instead of cluttering up the 'gamefly/USPS issue thread..
What changes have happened in the last week or two with regards to customs and the Dept. of Homeland Security ???
I think it's the lady behind the counter that doesn't know WTF she's doing cause the last 2 shipments to Mexico took my 35 minutes to get in and out and then Today was almost 30 minutes Exactly (Both on Saturdays by the way..)!!
The regular guy that handles these shipments during the week (takes him 5-7 minutes on average) was on vacation this week so I couldn't wait any longer on him to return.. :-[

I'm just curious what changes were made and if there's a link on USPS.com that I can review (and print out ) for future reference..

I don't know.  I'm not a clerk, but they did give early-outs to a bunch of clerks so you might be dealing with a newer clerk who is not as experienced with whatever shady shipping you have going on.
On timeout

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 03:00:27 PM »
I'm ressurecting this thread instead of cluttering up the 'gamefly/USPS issue thread..
What changes have happened in the last week or two with regards to customs and the Dept. of Homeland Security ???
I think it's the lady behind the counter that doesn't know WTF she's doing cause the last 2 shipments to Mexico took my 35 minutes to get in and out and then Today was almost 30 minutes Exactly (Both on Saturdays by the way..)!!
The regular guy that handles these shipments during the week (takes him 5-7 minutes on average) was on vacation this week so I couldn't wait any longer on him to return.. :-[

I'm just curious what changes were made and if there's a link on USPS.com that I can review (and print out ) for future reference..

I don't know.  I'm not a clerk, but they did give early-outs to a bunch of clerks so you might be dealing with a newer clerk who is not as experienced with whatever shady shipping you have going on.
Shady Shipping ???
It's the USPS Shipping it, based on Express International mail rules.. :-\

I mean.. Every box has made it to it's destination regardless..

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2009, 03:02:23 PM »

Shady Shipping ???
It's the USPS Shipping it, based on their rules.. :-\

I mean the contraban inside the boxes.
On timeout

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »

Shady Shipping ???
It's the USPS Shipping it, based on their rules.. :-\

I mean the contraban inside the boxes.
As in 'authentic brand clothing' ? 8)
It's all declared on the customs form..
They scan the inside of these boxes I'm sure looking for stuff that's not allowed to be shipped, correct?? :o

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »
You know what I hate about the post office?  People bitching about the post office.  I don't have to go there often, and when I do, I usually use the self serve system out front (if I didn't know the weight of the thing I'm shipping) or print the postage at home.  There's a parcel drop in the lobby, so that if the package is small enough, I can put it in there without going to a register.

These services are there and pretty easy to use people!

Yeah there are lines, but there are lines at any place with registers!  There's lines at the Wal Mart, and I doubt these people are nearly as bitchy at Wal Mart.

Here's a question.  If I have a package all postage paid and addressed, can I butt ahead in line and just hand it off to the clerk?

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2009, 12:51:59 AM »
Yeah there are lines, but there are lines at any place with registers!  There's lines at the Wal Mart, and I doubt these people are nearly as bitchy at Wal Mart.

Heh heh. Things must be a LOT different at your Walmart.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2013, 08:20:06 AM »
Post office question:  I thought that we could now get free tracking on First Class packages.  Did I misunderstand the "free tracking" announcement? I just got back and noticed I was charged $0.90 cents for it.

jasimon1

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Any one know if complaints about mail carriers are taken seriously or if in the end, she'll just find out and be even worse? My mail lady comes at all hours (I once saw her delivering mail at 9pm on a Saturday) which normally, is no big deal except when I'm waiting for a package. I was supposed to have one delivered yesterday. She came while I was at work so I have the slip and have to go pick it up. The post office closes at 5 and today's mail which should include 2 more packages isn't here yet. If I miss her today, I'll have two packages I have to go pick up tomorrow. I'm not totally annoyed with this but there have also been times that I've been home all day and still, I open the box and there is a slip saying 'oops, you weren't here so you have to come pick up your package'. At this point, I'm convinced she doesn't even put them on her truck and instead just writes slips for them and doesn't even try to deliver them.

Zombie Monty

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
Had that happen once with an oversized package.  I was home at the time and could see the mailman (who wasn't my normal mailman) at the boxes.  I figured he would be up with it.  He left without delivering it and I found the slip in my mailbox saying that he "tried" to deliver it but nobody was home.

Went to the post office website to schedule the delivery for the following day.  I went out and met the mailman this time (the normal guy this time) and he had placed the package in one of the lockers (it was oversized but still fit which makes the slip all the more puzzling).  He said that he didn't know why the other guy did what he did and gave me one of those "I work with a bunch of lazy idiots" shrugs.

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1385
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »
Is the Post Office actually going to stop Saturday delivery? I have't heard anything about that in awhile.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »
I heard mail (letters, junk mail, etc) delivery will cease on Saturday but packages will still be delivered on Saturdays starting in August :o

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »
Why is it that people love to bitch about the post office?  And its the people that don't use it mainly.  My co-worker was bitching about the possible closing on Saturday.  She does everything online.

I told her that its because they're losing money because everybody communicates electronically or uses online bill pay.  I wanted to say stop whining already.

I have no complaints, I use it.  I think its pretty neat that you can put a couple dollars on a book and send it to California.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

jasimon1

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »
I like to bitch about them because they whine and complain about how on one uses them and when you actually do, they do a crappy job. Home all day today waiting for my damn package because the tracking number said it was on the truck to be delivered. Get my mail at 5 and no slip nor attempt to deliver. Checked the tracking number again just now. It says I wasn't home so I have to go to the post office to pick it up. So not only did she not give me the package, she didn't give me the slip I need to pick it up on Monday. Hopefully it's not in a neighbor's box. Wouldn't put that bit of stupidity past her.