Author Topic: Classic MST3K: Time Chasers  (Read 12544 times)

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
Re: Classic MST3K: Time Chasers
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 01:37:23 PM »
I'm gonna be honest...I've never seen Time Chasers at any video place. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Although I DO remember several years ago wandering around Blockbuster and in the family section coming across "The Quest of the Delta Knights". It's amazing how tempted I was to rent the movie....

one reason you may have never seen Time Chasers is because before MST3K it was released as Tangents and later they changed it Time Chasers for some reason. I remember some one on this forum showing a picture of their VHS copy of Tangents
I really do like pie.

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 05:04:21 PM »
Hmm....well, unfortunately most places have long since dropped VHS...but I'm gonna check out whether the local Hollywood Video (my former part-time employer) had copies at one point and time. And yeah...working in a video store makes me wish every movie had a rifftrack.

edit: out of boredom....
http://www.amazon.com/Time-Chasers-Peter-Beckwith/dp/B0006PQQCU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6577716-1634368?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1174014344&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:09:17 PM by BobEvil »
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 05:15:19 PM »
i like the editorial review:

In this award winning non stop sci-fi adventure, inventor Nick Miller dreams of traveling through time, of stopping war and curing humanity's problems. He invents the Transport, a time machine, to better the world. When he sells his invention to a defense contractor, the time machine is used by its evil CEO as a sinister weapon. Nick soon discovers that the future has been changed into a desolate wasteland controlled by gangs. Robertson has sold use of the Transport to anyone who wants to take advantage of knowing the normal course of history. This movie was the winner of the Gold Award at Houston Worldfest.

Offline AmazingThor

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 14
  • Spam fed the Russian army
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 04:40:06 AM »
This is my all time favorite MST3K (followed very closely by Puma Man and Horror of Party Beach).  Favorite quotes:
"Just try to go Harry, we're not watching"
"Someone forgot to turn off the rotating fat guy"
"Hire the guy who works in your dad's print shop as an actor and this is what you get"
"Do I have time to get my passport renewed? Probably not"
"I hope these two end up together...at the bottom of a well, torn apart by animals!"

And you can't beat the host segments where crow goes back in time to the cheese factory. "Geez, Mike. At what point in the future do you become not stupid?"

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 06:59:03 AM »

In this award winning non stop sci-fi adventure, inventor Nick Miller dreams of traveling through time, of stopping war and curing humanity's problems. He invents the Transport, a time machine, to better the world. When he sells his invention to a defense contractor, the time machine is used by its evil CEO as a sinister weapon. Nick soon discovers that the future has been changed into a desolate wasteland controlled by gangs. Robertson has sold use of the Transport to anyone who wants to take advantage of knowing the normal course of history. This movie was the winner of the Gold Award at Houston Worldfest.

Doesn't say much for the Gold Award, if this piece of s . . . urely fine cinema won it!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 07:23:53 AM »

Doesn't say much for the Gold Award, if this piece of s . . . urely fine cinema won it!

I am ashamed to be living in Houston.....   Maybe they had a film festival like they in Springfield and the movie of "Man Getting Hit by Football" was not finished in time?

Offline Heysie

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Meowsdower
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 06:39:03 PM »
Hey, Compound, thanks for posting that little thing from the director--they actually enjoyed the MiSTing?  That lifts a huge weight from my conscience, because  I felt so sad when Mike said that the filmmakers were bummed out by it. Especially when I rewatched it, and Crow is SO merciless about not accepting the guy as the hero, and making fun of his chin butt etc--I kept imagining the cast and crew watching and getting really depressed. I was afraid it made me some sort of mean person liking the episode so much, but now I feel much better!!

I do pretty much consider Time Chasers the gold standard in MST excellence (though there are close runners up). For some reason, I always think the greatest moment ever in MiSTendom  is:

Chin Butt Guy: "Thanks."
Crow: "I'm welcome!"

Offline jcore0429

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2007, 07:11:51 PM »
Crow - "So in the future children become gay agents?."
"Lets go directors college buds who brought their own suits."
Hahahaha!!!!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2007, 07:25:33 PM »
Servo: "You've got male.....pattern baldness!"

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Droobie

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Telling lame jokes since '81
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2007, 03:34:03 PM »
Time Chasers was the one where a minor, background character clearly died and reappeared alive and well in a later scene, right?  If so, this might be one of my favorite MST3Ks ever. :)
-Drew

Offline chrsblck

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • servo jackolantern
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 11:04:37 PM »
my AOL you got mail wav  is indeed  tom saying  "you've got mail! pattern baldness!"    oh and i think you all missed the line   "so,  the secret to time travel is on 7 floppy disks!"

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 11:06:14 PM »
Time Chasers was the one where a minor, background character clearly died and reappeared alive and well in a later scene, right?  If so, this might be one of my favorite MST3Ks ever. :)

no you're thinking of Space Mutiny
I really do like pie.

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2007, 03:42:06 AM »
"Look alive everybody....oh, sorry Susan."

Yeah, another personal favorite moment from a different MST. There's a couple of other movies I was considering making threads about and I think "Space Mutiny" is one...and my second fave (was my original fave, now replaced by "Time Chasers"), "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders".
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2007, 08:33:03 AM »
Hey, Compound, thanks for posting that little thing from the director--they actually enjoyed the MiSTing?  That lifts a huge weight from my conscience, because  I felt so sad when Mike said that the filmmakers were bummed out by it. Especially when I rewatched it, and Crow is SO merciless about not accepting the guy as the hero, and making fun of his chin butt etc--I kept imagining the cast and crew watching and getting really depressed. I was afraid it made me some sort of mean person liking the episode so much, but now I feel much better!!

Yeah, I literally hadn't heard Mike's comments on the DVD until recently, so I hadn't heard his account. But I did recall that positive note from the director and I did remember hearing in Season 9 & 10 that Edgewood liked the Time Chasers misting. So I'm not sure if it grew on them over time; whether some liked it and some didn't; whether they disliked it but put on a good face to the outside world or whether Mike just got the movie confused with something else. Sampo at www.mst3kinfo.com (who sometimes posts here as well) might be a good person to ask to see which of the above scenarios his memories line up with. But, like I said, I always thought that they liked the episode.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 08:41:57 AM »
"He's foraging for honey like Pooh."
"Oh he's like poo..."