3 (9.4%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Alright STOP! Collaborate and Rank This!  (Read 4763 times)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
Re: Alright STOP! Collaborate and Rank This!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 09:19:13 PM »
Gave it a 9. As some have noted some weak spots but still the best riff in a few.

The scene where Ice Baby terrorizes, I mean romances, the underage girl in her bedroom (really, that's what happened, right?) was particularly hilarious (I like the passing Prince on his motorcycle bit that soon follows too) in the riffing. That alone pumps up the volume to 9.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 03:15:16 AM »
Well, to be fair. she wasn't underage. If she was a graduating senior recently named valedictorian then she was likely 18 or very close to it.  Still, it's sort of creepy that our mid-20s aged "hero" wanted to knock boots with her. Sorry, "making the sex" with her.

What the hell was with that? Was that a plot-point Vanilla wanted in the movie? For the girl to be 18? I mean did her being high-school serve anything to the story other than adding an "Ew!" Factor?  She could've been a college-aged girl going to a local community college or something and still living at home keeping the father's control over her life.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:06:32 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:04 AM »
You are putting way more thought into this movie than the writers and director and producers did.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »
Well, to be fair. she wasn't underage. If she was a graduating senior recently named valedictorian then she was likely 18 or very close to it.  Still, it's sort of creepy that our mid-20s aged "hero" wanted to knock boots with her. Sorry, "making the sex" with her.

What the hell was with that? Was that a plot-point Vanilla wanted in the movie? For the girl to be 18? I mean did her being high-school serve anything to the story other than adding an "Ew!" Factor?  She could've been a college-aged girl going to a local community college or something and still living at home keeping the father's control over her life.

If it makes you feel any better, the actress that played this high school senior was 26 at the time the movie was made.

Also, lol @ the graph looking like it's giving us the finger.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »
Oh, I knew the girl was older (she looked nowhere near 18) but in the story she was supposed to be 18 and our "hero" was lusting after her which is creepy.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 308
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:36 PM »
Only 26? (still doesn't explain the mom jeans)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 08:00:08 PM »
It was the 90s. Not a good era for jeans.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 04:14:53 PM »
I gave this a 7.5, rounding it up to 8. It's not "I hafta show everybody in the world this" 10 nor "I gotta tell all my friends about this" 9. But it's something I appreciated a LOT. My nostalgia and the choice of title bumps it up to 8.

Solid with some great jokes that got applause from me, but not beginning-to-end stupendous.

And the HD option was an awesome bonus! I literally exclaimed "Oh my gosh! Janusz Kasiminski" (the director of photography) when his credit appeared. As bad as the movie is, I knew it'd be gorgeous to look at, and the HD really helped that. Also, it explains why the movie looks like a commercial (as pointed out during the construction scene).

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »
Just an 8, but I still liked this riff a lot.  And yeah, this movie looks fairly good in parts, though it's clear they are making a Do the Right Thing  for kids movie, which makes for serious riffability.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 08:05:41 AM »
"Do the Right Thing  for kids movie" is a great description.