Author Topic: Yo, what things do you learn, boyeeeeeeeee?  (Read 9315 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 454
Yo, what things do you learn, boyeeeeeeeee?
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
I'm way too excited to watch this.

One thing I've learned, among many others... Gods the 90s were terrible.

That swallowing a little bit of cold water and part of an ice cube gives you foggy breath.

Kevin is a better rapper than Vanilla Ice.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:10:11 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline MrBNatural by Conn

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 24
Re: Yo, what things do you learn, boyeeeeeeeee?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:11:36 PM »
I learned that there is a movie that can make Glitter seem like an entertaining well thought out movie.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5583
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »
I learned that George Costanza got his technique for getting a second date from Vanilla Ice in this movie.

Offline Kenotic

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 4
  • Small and of no account
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »
- Growing up in a small, rural town without MTV on cable was one of the biggest unforeseen blessings I've had. I was in Junior High, but no one over 14 took this seriously.
- The coolest motorcycles out there look like they were once used in Stryper videos.
- The Funky Drummer and The Amen Break should have received higher billing.
- Hitting on high school girls when you're clearly in the your mid 20s is perfectly acceptable. Dads who find this creepy are out of touch.
- Your dad who changed his identity and moved far away to save your life should have no say in it once you graduate.
- Cordless phones weren't around in 1992, causing kids to run with massive landlines to evade crooks.
- Outside of a few cities on the coast, no one in America had heard any rap in 1992.
- Not enough young women carry mace at all times.
- See how dorky and horrible dated Ice looks now? Yeah, anything with auto-tune will look that way in 5- 7 years.
I was a student at a small midwestern college....

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 52
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »
I learned dollar store Jennifer Connelly's pants were so high she must have had some severe vaginal injuries making this movie

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
See how dorky and horrible dated Ice looks now? Yeah, anything with auto-tune will look that way in 5- 7 years.

I'm pretty sure he looked horrible, dorky and dated about 6 months after this movie came out.

- I learned that women wear bicycle shorts under their sun dresses.
- I learned that construction sites make for great places to take dates!
- I learned that hitting on teenage girls, sneaking into their room dribbling ice on them, and generally stalking them isn't at ALL creepy!

Offline Tony Farms AKA Puma Man

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 52
  • Anus Insurance?
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:19:52 PM »
I still say Kathy should have stayed with Nick.  30-year old teenagers need to stick together.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 10:59:46 PM »
I learned that the Dean saw Jeff Winger much earlier than when he first attended Greendale.

I also learned that even though I'm not a fan of rap music, I had to listen to some Emenem to get the Ice out of my head.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:34:57 AM by Compound »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 06:20:42 AM »

I loved that the shot right after this was of the guy on the lawnmower not looking where he's going. And since it looks like he is driving on the same sidewalk,  the editing makes it look like the lawnmower is going to run over this guy.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 06:56:01 AM »

Also, this old, seemingly frail, guy is carrying TWO bowling ball bags. Is he that much of a bowler,  or was he out powerwalking with them?

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:16 AM »
And this must be the most boring town in America if three people driving down the road on crotch rockets garners this much attention and shock.... Or had these people never seen a black person and that's what they were gawking at?  Or was the horrible 90s fashion sense?  Eh, probably a combination of all of that.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 08:03:26 AM »
And this must be the most boring town in America if three people driving down the road on crotch rockets garners this much attention and shock.... Or had these people never seen a black person and that's what they were gawking at?  Or was the horrible 90s fashion sense?  Eh, probably a combination of all of that.
It's just an exaggeration of how "shocking" and "rebellious" Vanilla Ice was supposed to be. Which is why it's so funny. And yes, this is a pretty boring @$#&! town.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
I learned that the very first scene between the "Girl driving the Horse" and Vanilla Ice sets the tone for the rest of the movie.  He comes across as a dangerous Douche bag but we're all to think exactly the opposite.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 09:19:40 AM »
I learned that the very first scene between the "Girl driving the Horse" and Vanilla Ice sets the tone for the rest of the movie.  He comes across as a dangerous Douche bag but we're all to think exactly the opposite.
I know, right! I love how reasonable her Dad''s questions are about this guy who she doesn't even know his name, and that he just doesn't want her GETTING RIDES WITH STRANGERS. Which is perfectly understandable even if they weren't in some silly situation dealing with criminals. And yet this is treated as the bad guy. It's also funny that they can't play the race card, since Vanilla Ice is whiter than Jim Gaffigan, yet you can tell the movie really wants to.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 09:30:43 AM »
It's a movie plot that's supposed to work because we have the benefit of being on this side of the Fourth Wall so we know what's going on.  Unfortuantely they made the "heroine" a Deadpool-ian character who seems to have some awareness she's in a movie and thus can disregard everything that's going on.  Considering she was the valedictorian at her school I'm guessing that the rest 1991 graduating class of her high school were in special ed.

A mysterious man rides into her town and on their very first encounter nearly gets her killed, later on she learns that her father was in the WitSec program and there may be some people coming into town to get him following his appearance on the news. (Either her being valedictorian in a school full of special-ed students made the national news or the bad guys just happened to be in the broadcast range of their local TV station.)  Then the guy she's crushing on, the guy her father fears, walks to the door and hands over a ransom note on tape! This ransom note dealing with her missing brother who was just seen with Mysterious Man "in fear of his life" (which a middle finger is a sign of, apparently.)   

All of this in front of her and she still doesn't get why her father has concerns over the guy.  Sheesh.