Author Topic: New VOD "Cool As Ice" Now Available!!!  (Read 6186 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1460
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: New VOD "Cool As Ice" Now Available!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
Yeah, I've downloaded the ISO in the past, burned it to disc and ended up wasting a perfectly good disc.  Also have done the same in burning the MP4 to a disc using Windows DVD Maker which for some reason is now claiming that a disc hasn't enough space when it actually does.   So, MP4 in a "DVD" folder for me works flawlessly.

You could always use a USB drive or SD card to transfer it to your PS3. That'd save you the worry of burning a disc each time.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 05:16:16 PM »
Right now it's no worry. I just burn it to the disc as a file in a folder and I have no problem with it either in my primary player (the PS3) or secondary (the DVD player.) A new computer is in the future for me when I get it hopefully it'll have a less-spastic version of Windows Disc Maker on it.  As I sort of "preferred" making discs that way between it auto-loading, menus, chapter stops, etc.  But wadda you going to do?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 698
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
If you are just burning the ISO as a Data file (i.e. you open the disc on your computer and you have a file on there called xxxxxxxxx.iso) then you are burning it wrong.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 325
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »
Now if Rifftrax can snag the VoD rights to The Wizard, I can die happy. :^)

Please let that happen

What's sad is that Cool as Ice more accurately portrays SMB3 than The Wizard did. And yes, I saw The Wizard in the theater :-[ 

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »

Please let that happen

What's sad is that Cool as Ice more accurately portrays SMB3 than The Wizard did. And yes, I saw The Wizard in the theater :-[ 

Am I the only person on the board who has never seen The Wizard?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2163
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 12:27:12 AM »
You had to be of a very specific age/gullability level to want to see The Wizard when it came out. The only reason to see it then was to get that first glimpse of Super Mario 3 and the only reason to have seen it since is for camp value and nostalgia. I think Super Mario 3 sold more tickets to The Wizard than The Wizard sold of Super Mario 3 game paks.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2400
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 05:38:47 AM »

Please let that happen

Am I the only person on the board who has never seen The Wizard?

I never saw it nor even know what it is about.

My life is much sharper because of that.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 02:33:51 PM »
I have not seen the Wizard because I am not nine years old.

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:08 AM »
We watched The Wizard somewhat recently. I remember that I had been excited about it when it came out in Third Grade, and poring over the mini Nintendo Power that came with it.

But watching it again this time, I was disappointed how little of the movie was actually Nintendo focused. Everyone knows the iconic Rad Racer/Power Glove and Double Dragon scenes, but sadly it's not all like that. Lots of it is just the kids making their way towards the tournament.

Sean did spot a young Toby Maguire in an unspeaking role towards the end, so that was cool.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4951
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »
We watched The Wizard somewhat recently. I remember that I had been excited about it when it came out in Third Grade, and poring over the mini Nintendo Power that came with it.

But watching it again this time, I was disappointed how little of the movie was actually Nintendo focused. Everyone knows the iconic Rad Racer/Power Glove and Double Dragon scenes, but sadly it's not all like that. Lots of it is just the kids making their way towards the tournament.

Sean did spot a young Toby Maguire in an unspeaking role towards the end, so that was cool.
So did they just decide it wasn't worth it?
The rest of the plot that isn't Nintendo related seems plenty riffable. And then there is Lucas, of course. I also remmeber how hilarious it was how often it would be middle aged guys in business suits playing the video games.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 443
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:19:40 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline Rabbi Hi-Keeba

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2013, 10:06:06 PM »
Did anyone else really like the way the main female character dressed? And also want to burn down her family's house with the family in it because they had Horrible 80s/90s Dramatic Irony Disease, and that's how you stop that from spreading?

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3808
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2015, 05:17:02 AM »
I'll be honest, I almost like the word jacket.  I think he just needed better words and statements.

For example, instead of "Dee", maybe it can say Devo.  Down By Law is alright (though I have a hard time imagining Ice as a Jarmusch fan.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4951
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2015, 07:12:38 AM »
I'll be honest, I almost like the word jacket.  I think he just needed better words and statements.

For example, instead of "Dee", maybe it can say Devo.  Down By Law is alright (though I have a hard time imagining Ice as a Jarmusch fan.
It would be funny to do a cosplay of Vanilla Ice for Comic Con, but with really nerdy words on the jacket.