login

Author Topic: New VOD "Cool As Ice" Now Available!!!  (Read 14095 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
New VOD "Cool As Ice" Now Available!!!
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:26:05 AM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/cool-as-ice

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5c5fWf50NJA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5c5fWf50NJA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Vanilla Ice’s album To The Extreme sold fifteen million copies. It is important to keep this in mind while you watch Cool As Ice, because at some point in time, you will inevitably shriek at the TV, “Who thought this was a good idea? How did this happen? Are they really trying to make ‘yep yep’ his catchphrase? Why???” And the answer to most of those questions is: Vanilla Ice’s album To The Extreme sold fifteen million copies.

Vanilla Ice (That’s My Boy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret Of The Ooze) stars as a troubled French missionary volunteering at a refugee camp in the Sudan we’re just kidding he plays a white rapper. The only stretch he gives his acting abilities is playing a character named “Johnny” instead of his real name. At this moment, we will point out for the record that his hilarious real name is Robert Van Winkle.

The sleepy little town that Vanilla rides his motorcycle through is not prepared for his chillaxed baditude and funky fresh fashions. Or perhaps they are just stunned that in a movie whose entire reason for existence is the star had a wildly popular album, none of the songs from said wildly popular album make an appearance. No Ice Ice Baby. No Play That Funky Music. Not even Havin’ A Roni. In fact, there is not even the vaguest hint that there was even a Roni anywhere to be Had on the set of Cool As Ice.

Despite the lack of Ronis, Cool As Ice is still one of the finest looking bad movies of all time. This is because the director of photography went on to do the cinematography for films such as Schindler’s List, Saving Private Ryan and Lincoln. That’s right, a mere three years after Janusz Kaminski made sure that Vanilla Ice’s Stussy shirt was properly lit during the construction site frolicking scene, he was finding the right lens to shoot Liam Neeson’s “I could have got more” speech in Schindler’s List.

It is perhaps the only movie that is more 90s than the entirety of VH1s I Love The 90s series. Stop, collaborate and listen as Mike, Kevin and Bill team up to riff Cool As Ice.

The HD option for this VOD includes the usual files, PLUS an additional 720p mp4!
http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/cool-as-ice
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:35:57 AM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: New VOD "Cool As Ice" Now Available!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:01:44 AM »
This is awesome!!!!   Please oh please let's continue with HD options!!  Love it!
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »
This and the forthcoming BRIDEMIC Live HD are the trial runs for it - if all goes smooth, as long as there is an HD source that looks good, I don't see why we wouldn't continue.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1511
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »
Nice!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »
Well you got my 11.99 as soon as I get home tonight for sure. That sample killed me.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3827
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »
Don't you need a BluRay burner, and discs to burn HD discs??

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 11:47:18 AM »
The download to burn is standard def.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3827
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
Ah.. Ok, that's what I'll be stickin with then 8)

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2617
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »
Ah.. Ok, that's what I'll be stickin with then 8)

I've sent 720p mp4s to my AppleTV so I know it will work with 2nd gen. AppleTVs.  Should certainly work with current generation 1080 AppleTV boxes.
My Roku XS has a USB port on the side, I'll be trying that out tonight (or tomorrow if this headache doesn't go away) with this file, putting it on a flash drive.
Probably would also work with most TVs and Blu-Ray players that have USB ports and/or SD card slots.
And last but not least there's playing the file on the computer.

So lots of options for playing the 720p file besides burning to Blu-Ray.  Although I am a bit concerned about the size, I would expect it to be a bit larger than 2GB, hope it's not compressed too much.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »
So, I got the HD version, but the MPEG that you download is set as the non-HD version?  Is that one that you cannnot download and you can only watch on your laptop PC?

Thanks

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
So, I got the HD version, but the MPEG that you download is set as the non-HD version?  Is that one that you cannnot download and you can only watch on your laptop PC?

?  The HD MP4 isn't one of the big icons on the download page, click on the "see all files" button and it should be bottom on the list.  Or see the links in the downloads email you should have recieved.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »
Gotcha, that makes sense and I see it now, thanks.

So, since my PC does not burn HD movies, I guess I will see the HD version if I take the HD.MP4 and somehow get it in itunes and I can watch it that way on my TV via apple TV?

Or maybe it is just a PC HD version watching?

Offline Starman!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 01:23:46 PM »
Sweet! How much room does the HD version take up?

Offline Sugar Ray Dodge

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 541
    • Utah Graphics World
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 02:06:53 PM »
This pick is brilliant.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
So, since my PC does not burn HD movies, I guess I will see the HD version if I take the HD.MP4 and somehow get it in itunes and I can watch it that way on my TV via apple TV?

See my post right above your original one, it should import directly into itunes and if you have a 2nd or 3rd generation AppleTV it should play it.  I don't think the 1st generation AppleTV can play 720p.