Author Topic: Lords of the Deep  (Read 203 times)

Offline alerion

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Lords of the Deep
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:29:01 PM »
Watching a really bad movie is like hurling after an all night binge - very unpleasant. But with Rifftrax, it's like having someone there to hold your hair out of the way.
I wonder if the guys would consider deconstructing the puke-inducing sci-fi fail called Lords of the Deep.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097781/

I have watched and re-watched this particular cinematic emetic for some 20 years now and I can't begin to guess how it's escaped their attention. I have only found it on VHS but I bought two copies when I had the chance. My wife HATES when I pull it out (the movie, you pervs!) because she's seen it a million times and no longer finds it funny. She laughs her ass off at internet cat videos though - my god I don't even know her anymore.

Bradford Dillman and Priscilla Barnes are the ticket-sellers in the cast but the real draw is the art direction and SFX. And the script. And the story. Oh hell, it all sucks. If you've seen Space Mutiny, then you have a pretty good idea of what we're dealing with here.

Anyhoo, those who have seen the movie will vouch for me - it needs to be publicly shamed. I can't think of anyone I'd rather see spank it (The movie. Jeez!) than Mike, Kevin and Bill.