Author Topic: Kickstarter Projects  (Read 25667 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 961
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »
Manos the (sigh) Hands of Felt

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/499454737/manos-the-hands-of-felt-dvd

Forgive the callback to the MST3k riff, this is an all-puppet remake of Manos. In this case, they've done this in play form before (In 2011) but they're restaging it and filming it so that folks all across the country can see it. And a download of the film is at the $5 level, so hey, go for it.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3808
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »
Comedian Jim Bruce, who appears on the Paul Goebel Show podcast is a long time stand up who is working on his first stand up DVD "I'm Dying as Fast as I Can."  As humour goes, his is very dark, discussing his emotionally abusive family and generally rough childhood.  He's a pretty cool guy and I think he's worth supporting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1020100249/jim-bruce-im-dying-as-fast-as-i-can-dvd-comedy-spe

Bumping this one:  it has a few days to go, and still needs funding.  It's well past the halfway point, but he still needs about $1,500!  This is the first kickstarter that I supported!  Yay for me!

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1270
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
I think I liked it better when creative projects relied on wealthy benefactors.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3808
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:19 AM »
On behalf of Lucas M

If anyone is interested, the final volume of "Ray Harryhausen - Master of the Majicks" is still available for preorder.  I believe the previous two sold out WAY before they shipped.  Odd as it may be, the final volume is volume 1.  I think that is because they wanted the 'meatier' film work to be the first book released so that backing would be there for them (until people saw how incredible the books were, it would be hard to get enough people to part with the money these books cost to produce if the content was just his early, pre-feature, work).  Volume 1 is his start in film, and now will have words about his death.

I have both the prior two (as well as the book reprinting all of the FXRH issues [which I have originals of for all but the first]).  These books, though pricey ($80+shipping), are absolutely gorgeous.  They are huge, and heavy (5 lbs), and are packed with so many photos and so much information they are overwhelming.  I have this pre-ordered, and just thought others might be interested.

Picture is link to the main website page for this final volume:

It is also on Kickstarter, here: Vol. 1 of "Ray Harryhausen - Master of the Majicks"

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2167
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »
I posted about this over on the Video Games board, but this deserves a double-plug:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

It's a spiritual successor to The Neverhood, and Mike Nelson is slated to voice-act. You can also get a commentary featuring Mr. Nelson if you donate enough, so there's that...

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1464
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 03:33:53 PM »
I was on board with this as soon as they said "Terry Taylor is doing the soundtrack again". 

Adding in Mike & all the others is just an added bonus.  I'm just having trouble deciding on which package I want. 

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »
I REALLY wanna go $125 on this one, but I don't know if I can justify it, financially. I suppose the responsible(ish) thing to do is to donate at the $20 early-bird price and then upgrade later if I find a $100 bill under my cushions. :^)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 07:10:19 PM »
I REALLY wanna go $125 on this one, but I don't know if I can justify it, financially. I suppose the responsible(ish) thing to do is to donate at the $20 early-bird price and then upgrade later if I find a $100 bill under my cushions. :^)

Yeah the $125 bundle is the one I'm leaning towards as well since I'm still a big fan of physical media.  (Mainly I want the physical copy of the soundtrack. Otherwise I'd go for the $75 bundle)  I'm sure they will have copies of it on DanielAmos.com at some point but...

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »
I caved. I charged my credit card for the $125. Tyrant gave me her reluctant blessing. She gets promoted from Super-Mega-Ultra-Awesome Wife to Super-Mega-Ultra-Awesome Wife Supreme! :^)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »
Forum member & iRiffer MattWNelson has a Kickstarter up for Vol. 2 of his Catbeard The Pirate comic.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/86891268/catbeard-the-pirate-book-two?ref=live

Go check it out & show him some support! (And I appear in comic form on the project page!)  My pirate-y self will be making a return to Catbeard in the future!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 01:30:53 PM »

Offline goflyblind

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 6490
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »
just stick one on your computer case, and another on your microwave!
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 961
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 02:52:34 PM »
So, Fred Gallagher just announced a Kickstarter for a Megatokyo visual novel.

For those not in the know, Megatokyo is one of the longer running webcomics on the net, having started in 2000 (and I think almost two whole days have passed int he strip now.) And since fred was heavily inspired by visual novels, well, yeah, this makes sense.

I fully expect the Feb 2014 release date to slip though. Call it a hunch.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »
I posted about this over on the Video Games board, but this deserves a double-plug:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

It's a spiritual successor to The Neverhood, and Mike Nelson is slated to voice-act. You can also get a commentary featuring Mr. Nelson if you donate enough, so there's that...

This better get funded. I'm sure there's people waiting until the last minute, but if it doesn't happen I'm gonna be super bummed.  I did the $125 bundle as well.

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 05:17:02 PM »
Nifty bottle opener: The Drop-Catch.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dropcatch/dropcatch-magnetic-bottle-opener

So, it's basically just a bottle opener with a magnet so that instead of immediately throwing away a cap, it just hangs around for awhile? Seems kind of silly an unnecessary. I MUST HAVE ONE.

A band I learned about on here just reached their goal to record a new album, but they have a stretch goal to work with the guy that mixed their last one.

Sample songs:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbrpGoAn1Uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq9hourHzg8
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:24:44 PM by Space version 2.0 »